study buddy

in which chris has a test coming up, and hes really worried about it.

you guys are still in highschooooool!

i 100% stole from tiktok no doubt
___

it was 9:46, the night before chris' unit test for anatomy. he was on the brink of a C, and if he has anything lower, he won't be able to play in the lacrosse match this weekend. if he does good, his grade will go up. if not, it'll plummet. so it was safe to say he was nervous.

you and the sturniolos were neighbors. always have been since the second grade. so it wasn't uncommon for these late-night study sessions.

"chris, you know this. what's the job of the frontal or coronal plane? think, you got this." you say, holding the flash cards towards yourself as chris bites his lip and looks up to the ceiling.

"give me a minute, fuck. i know this, i know i do."

"take your time baby, no one's rushing you."

after a few seconds of silence, he raises his eyebrows. "doesn't it, like, split the body into front and back portions or something?"

"yes! good job, that's another one down." you say, kissing his lips quickly.

it was a system you guys had going. every question he got correct, he got a kiss. it kept him trying, and it kept you happy.

"last one, then i'm going home. i always struggle waking up on mondays, i have to go to bed early." you say, and chris sits up and whines.

"no! if i fail this test i can't play lacrosse. please, just until 10:30. you can stay here and we can get ready together, you know that always puts you in a better mood in the mornings." he begs, and you look at him hesitantly. but you were just messing with him, he didn't have to ask twice for you to agree.

"...if you insist." you smile, and his face lights up.

"thank you, pretty girl. i love you."

"i love you too. now, what's execretion?" you say, picking the notecards back up.

"fuck, it's got something to do with metabolism, right?"

"well yeah, but what? you gotta be more specific, babe." you say, watching chris fall back on his bed.

"i fucking hate this. why did i take this god damn class?" he complains, and you frown. he leans back and puts his head in your lap, looking up at you.

"you got this, i know you do. after this one we can pause so your brain can get a break. sound good?" you suggest, playing with his hair. he closes he eyes and nods, and you read the question again.

"it- damn. it gets rid of shit of metabolism, right?"

"close enough, good job baby." you say, leaning down to kiss his lips.

"that was some spiderman shit right there." he laughs, and you jokingly roll your eyes.

"now i get why MJ did it, that was fun." you lean back down to kiss him again.

what was intended to be a peck, ended up escalating to a two-minute upside down make-out session. neither of you guys were complaining, though.

"okay chris, it's time to go to bed." you say, pulling away from his lips.

"no." he counters, pushing his lips against yours again.

"yes, chris. it's late and we have school tomorrow. we can study more tomorrow morning and in our study hall, okay?"

he sighs and nods his head. "fine. you're staying, right?" he sits in an upright position, collecting the flash cards and putting them on his bedside table. he was very grateful that he did his night routine earlier, because he was not about to do all that right now.