midnight snack

in which you get hungry in the middle of the night.
___

your drooping eyes stare at the contents of the fridge. we need to go shopping. you think, pulling out a carton of strawberries and a knife.

you take out a small paper plate, and begin to cut off the top of the strawberries. you allow your tired brain to go on auto pilot, letting a hundred thoughts flood your head.

chris. hungry. tired. work. stress. love. sad. chris. nick. mom. chris. wake up. tired. chris. chris. chris.

almost as if your thoughts had summoned him from the bedroom, you feel a pair of arms wrap themselves around your waist and a chin rest on your shoulder.

"hi, sweetheart." you say in a soft tone, leaning your head against his quickly. you plant a kiss in his hair and laugh at the satisfied sigh he let out.

"why aren't you in bed?" his tired voice asks you, making you weak in the knees.

"i got hungry. do you want any?" you ask him, putting the knife in the sink and putting the carton of uncut strawberries away. you slide the paper plate towards him, but he shakes his head.

"no thank you. come back to bed, i miss you."

"let me eat first, i'll be super quick." you say, peeling his arms off you and sitting down on a barstool. he slouches into one next to you and leans his entire body weight onto you, making you laugh.

"i'm gonna fall, chris."

"you're comfortable." he slurs, sleep still evident in his voice.

"here, how about you go back to bed? i'll be there in, like, two minutes." you suggest, but he shakes his head.

"i want to stay with you." he says, leaning his head on his hands. he looks at you, admiring the way your face is slightly lit up from the streetlight shining through the window.

"i don't want to keep you up, hon." you say, popping a few strawberries into your mouth. you look at him and give him a goofy smile, making him let out a small chuckle.

"i don't mind." he yawns before getting up off the stool. he walks past you (placing a kiss on your cheek on the way), and opens the fridge, his tired eyes scanning the contents.

"what are you looking for?" you ask, biting into another strawberry. your eyes follow his body as he shuts the fridge and slumps into the same stool he was in moments ago, water bottle in hand. he holds it up to show you, and you nod.

it's silent for a few seconds before you decide speak up.

"are you happy?"

chris turns his head to look at you, confusion all over his face. "what?"

"are you happy? like, do you ever wish anything would've turned out differently?" you repeat, stealing chris' water and taking a sip.

"yeah, i wish you would've drank your own water!" he says, snatching his water back with fake attitude.

you laugh before nudging him with your shoulder. "i'm serious! do you ever wish you decided to keep working at StarMarket instead of youtube? do you ever wish you met someone other than me? do you wish you stayed in boston instead of moving to LA? things like that. are you happy with how your life turned out?"

he pulls you onto his lap so you're straddling him, and he takes your face into his hands, cupping your cheeks. "the happiest. i mean, i have the most beautiful girl all to myself, im living with my favorite people, and almost the entire world knows my name. like, that's fucking sick, baby! i can't imagine my life without any of this. so to answer your question, yes, i'm happy. are you?" he gushes, making your nose and cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"i'm very happy."

"good. now come back to bed." he says, but you stop him.

"give me a kiss first." you smile, and he gives you that stupid smirk that makes your head spin every single time.

"whatever my girl wants, my girl gets." he smirks, sliding his hands to the back of your neck to pull you in for a kiss.

you kiss him back, allowing your hands to roam to the back of his head. your fingers tangle in his hair, gently tugging on the curls. he lets out a disappointed hum when you pull away.

"come on, let's go to bed. it's late."

"but we were in the middle of something!" he whines, getting off the stool as you throw away your plate and hold out your hand for him to take.

"we can continue tomorrow, baby. now lets go." you wiggle your fingers a bit, urging him to take your hand. he sighs and complies, allowing you to take him back into the bedroom.

you guys both got back under the covers, and he immediately wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you as close to you as he possibly can.

"i love you so much, princess." he rasps into your ear, making goosebumps arise all over your body.

"i love you more."
___

a/n- ITS CHRISSY.

this one was the best to write ever i loved it so much i will be proud of this for ever and ever

i hope this makes up for forever fr.

anyways i love softie chris more than life itself

i hope you enjoyed because i sure as hell did.

i almost scrapped this one for real but i powered through and i'm so happy i did

I LOVE YOU ALL

xx
chrissy