2. Who is she

Isadora drove up to her new house and parked in the driveway. She lowered her shades, pursed her lips, and nodded.

"As usual, Gal has fine taste, he knows I love 1850s architecture."

The house was painted white and had a large patio with wooden pillars holding up a roof. There was a balcony on the second story with a glass door leading out. The yard had rich green grass and there was a stone path leading up to the patio.

Adonis barked and she turned to him.

"You are such a snob, what do you mean it's small, we're not trying to attract attention to ourselves now are we? I didn't think so."

She opened her car door and walked up to the house spinning the key ring around her finger as Adonis followed her to the door.

She unlocked the door and turned to Adonis with a big grin. "Are you ready to check out our new house? Never gets old does it?"

He barked and howled.

"Okay, here we go." She opened the door and skipped into the foyer. "Already furnished just like Gal promised."

There was a cute blue sectional sofa with a hooper coffee table facing it. Hardwood floors and white walls were left empty.

"He even left the walls empty for my art collection."

There was a television set up in case she was being lazy and not on duty.

"He really thinks of everything." She sighed. "Right then, our boxes are in my bedroom, Adonis, let's go unpack." She raised her brows up and down and hurried up the stairs while Adonis followed close behind.

She sat on the bedroom floor going through her boxes holding the phone between her chin and shoulder.

"Yeah, right, I know Gal, you act as if I've never done this before. Oh, and whose fault was it that I gave myself away? Really you want to bring that back up? That was 1830, let it go already."

Adonis rolled over on his back on top of the bubble wrap.

She pulled a red crystal bottle from the box and read the label before setting it aside and rolling her eyes.

"Gal, you know I love you, but if you mislabel my arsenic as nightshade one more time I swear I'll kill you." She pulled a dagger out of the box and set it next to her gun and stake.

"Right, so when should I expect you? Hello? Hello?"

She glared and looked down at the phone. "He hung up on me, boy."

Adonis leaned his head back to look at her and whimpered.

"He is a jerk, isn't he? You're always right. I don't want you talking to him anymore."

Her bedroom door opened and she looked up to see Gal.

"I made it."

She sighed and threw the phone over her shoulder. "That was fast, did you sprint?"

"Not really, I was talking to you from the downstairs phone to mess with you."

"You-" She threw her dagger at him and he caught it between his fingers.

"No need to be so feisty." He furrowed his brows and scrunched up his nose. "Wow, what a mess. My lady, you used to be so organized." He looked around at all of the boxes, paper, weapons, books, and art.

"This is called organized chaos, Gal, I know exactly what I'm doing. Ironically the only thing not organized is my poison because you got your hands on it and mislabeled everything."