5. The Summoning

At the end of his shift, Robin walked out of the library to see it was raining. He sighed.

"Never trust the weather forecast." He took a step forward when an umbrella suddenly lowered over his head.

"Huh...?" He turned around to see Isadora standing there holding the umbrella with a smile.

"Here, take it."

"What? No, I can't, it's yours you'll get wet."

The sky was a rich blue without a cloud in sight this morning. How did she know it was going to rain? The weatherman said it would be clear skies all day too.

"Well, we can stand under it together for a moment then. My ride is just about here anyway." She took a step and stood beside him.

He turned to her and watched as she looked up at the sky with a bright smile. His face started to feel warm and he looked away.

"So, I saw Mark was on your case earlier he wasn't too hard on you was he?"

"Oh, no. It was fine. I can handle an angry manager. I've had plenty of experience with managers and bosses who were dreadful."

Robin nodded. "Good, I was worried he might scare you away."

She smirked. "I'm not so easily scared. Looks like my ride's here."

He turned to see a blue Mercedes Benz pull up to the curb.

She took his hand and placed the umbrella in his palm. "See you tomorrow at school."

"Wait..." He started but she hurried off toward the car.

Professor Du Lac stepped out, opened an umbrella, and held it over him and Isadora as he led her to the other side of the car and opened the door for her.

Robin raised his brows. She was being driven home by the professor? He was even treating her like a gentleman. How close were they? This was just... bizarre. Classes had just started and they were close enough for him to escort her home? He suddenly remembered what she said before. She said she came here because of Professor Du Lac. Even so, it was strange. He didn't know what to make of it. 

Isadora sat in the car watching the buildings pass, and the people go by scurrying for cover from the rain

"So, it looks like you and that boy are becoming good friends," Gal said and turned the corner.

Isadora smiled. "Step one, make connections. If we can build a network of connections within the town we'll know anything and everything that is going on at all times. Any progress yet?"

"Ever since you came into town everything has been peaceful. Therius is clearly laying low for a while. He knows you're here."

Isadora nodded. "It didn't take him long."

"It never does." He parked outside her house. "We need to talk."

Isadora turned to him. "What is it?"