39. Her Calamity

Isadora looked up into the sky from up on her roof and watched as Heracles flew away into the sky atop the back of his griffin. He wanted to stay but she knew it was for the best that he returned to Olympus. This was one trial that he couldn't help her with. If Belov had painted the outcome there was no stopping it. Her calamity was ensured. There was a time she didn't wish to live because she had nothing to lose. She was all alone. Immortality was a burden she had to carry but that was no longer the case. She had everything to lose. All of the people she would be leaving behind. Gal, Usa, Tristan. She wrapped her arms around herself and hung her head. "Robin..." She whispered.

"Izzie, what are you doing all the way up there sitting by yourself?" Tristan called out and she lifted her head to see him waving at her from the lawn. Adonis stood up on his hind legs and barked.

She quickly put on a smile and waved back.

He jumped and floated up toward her. "I thought I saw Heracles fly off into the sky." He said and stepped onto the roof.

"Yes, that was him. He came for a visit but he is on his way to Olympus now."

"That hardly seems fair. I didn't even have the chance to say hi." He replied and sat down next to her.

Adonis whimpered from down below. She smiled and sighed then snapped her fingers and he floated up to them and jumped onto her lap and started licking her face.

She laughed. "I love you too. What have you been up to, huh?"

He barked. "You made friends with a golden retriever? Good for you, boy." She scratched his cheeks and kissed his head.

"What did that old muscle head want?" Tristan asked.

"Oh, not much. He merely wished to speak with me. He still has that pendant I gave him during our voyage in the argo."

Tristan nodded. "He always was sentimental."

"Yes, he wanted to see you as well but you were busy. Adonis enjoyed the walk, I see."

Tristan smiled and leaned back against his palms. "It actually wasn't just a walk."

"Oh?" Isadora replied and turned to him.

"I met someone..." He said.

"Well that's no surprise you are always meeting new women." She snapped her fingers and he turned to her. "However, I told you to stay focused."

"No, you misunderstand me, this is different... She is different."

Isadora drew her brows. "Tristan, are you telling me you've fallen in love?"

"I was surprised, myself, I never thought it would happen to me. I was caught in it before I even knew what had happened. When all is said and done I want to stay here with her. Maybe someday even take her to Paris with me."

Isadora looked at him, she had never seen Tristan so serious about anything. She could tell he meant every word. He really had fallen in love. Medusa had mentioned seeing him walking around with a mortal girl. She really hadn't expected it to last but the fact that he was dating a mortal at all was peculiar for him. She smiled. He looked so completely happy. She had never seen him like this.

"I'm happy for you. Love really is the most strange and unpredictable thing." She turned and looked up at the stars. She had only just now learned what it is to love and let yourself be loved. It was always going to be Robin, it could only be him. She had no regrets in waiting all this time for him but her heart was breaking knowing that their time together would soon be lost. No one had ever avoided their fate once Belov painted it. How could she be any different?