8. The Future

Robin walked down the stairs dressed in a plaid button-up shirt and jeans.

His Abuela smiled. "You look so handsome."

He walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you. I'm going now."

"Drive safe."

"I will." He waved goodbye and walked out the door.

Robin walked over to his blue truck. He hadn't dated since high school. It was back then that he realized dating was just a waste of time. He still stood by those feelings but even so, he was looking forward to getting to know Isadora. With every meeting with her, he was left with more and more questions. Maybe tonight would give him the answers. 

Gal watched as Isadora slipped her heels on while he sat on her bed flipping through the newspaper

Gal watched as Isadora slipped her heels on while he sat on her bed flipping through the newspaper. "Do you want me to tell you one more time you should at least take Adonis?"

"No, I want you to stop acting like an old Nanny and go out and have fun instead of waiting for me." She said as she started putting in her ruby earrings to match her red cocktail dress.

"I'm your knight, my lady, worrying about your safety is my duty."

She blew a stray hair out of her face. "I know, and I appreciate that you care but as I said before I can't exactly die, so you don't need to worry." She said and stroked his nose as she passed by.

He sighed and closed the newspaper.

"Well, I better go, please make sure and keep an eye on Tristan for me. And Adonis, you keep an eye on Gal for me."

Adonis barked, walked over to Gal's side, and rested his chin on his leg.

Gal scratched behind Adonis's ear and watched as Isadora walked out of the room.

She wasn't afraid of anything. She had no reason to be. But he did have reason to fear for her safety.

Gal closed his eyes and thought back to the past. It was the year 1840, he and Isadora were in Florence, Italy. He had never been there before and he took everything in slowly as they walked through the streets.

Isadora took his arm and laughed. "This expression is almost the same as the one you made when you left the cave and experienced London for the first time."

"Well, that was just my surprise over how much everything had changed, England was nothing like it was before. Right now I am just amazed by the beauty of it all. Florence may be my favorite place we have visited so far."

"Well, you continue to enjoy the sights I have to go and visit with a friend." She said then pulled away and hurried off.

Gal kept walking then took a turn down an alley when he saw a wooden door with a painted symbol of an eye. He looked at it curiously and reached out his hand when the door opened by itself. He looked around the empty alley then put his hand on the hilt of his sword and stepped into the dark room.