18. The Battle

Robin helped Medusa put the last person in the back of his truck and then turned to her with a concerned gaze.

"You mean to tell me he was just keeping them barely alive so he could go back and feed on them again and again?"

Medusa nodded. "It's sick and sadistic but yes. We can take them to the hospital for treatment but their minds will never be the same again."

Robin tightened his fist. He had always despised vampires but this just furthered that hatred tenfold.

He turned back to her. "Where is Isadora? Shouldn't she be back by now? You said there was no sign of Therius and that we would leave and come back another time. Come to think of it, Tristan and Professor Du Lac aren't back either."

Medusa turned back to the house. "Isadora will be fine. I'm going to borrow your truck and take these people away from here. It's what Isadora instructed. Keys." She held out her hand.

Robin nodded. "Right." He passed her the keys and watched as she took them, and climbed into the truck.

"Wait won't the hospital be suspicious?" He asked.

"Don't worry I have a spell that will redirect their minds. They won't even remember I was there." She said then drove off.

He ran both his hands through his hair and took in a deep breath.

Robin knew there was nothing he could do but he hated leaving Isadora alone in there. She was strong but even so, he couldn't stop himself from worrying about her. He turned back to the house. Was she really okay in there?

Isadora swung her dagger as she jumped forward to slit Therius's throat

Isadora swung her dagger as she jumped forward to slit Therius's throat. He grabbed her by the wrist and swung her around knocking her back against the wall.

The wall shook and dust fell down from the ceiling. She gritted her teeth and glared at him as he snarled. He pinned her wrist to the wall and grabbed her by the throat hitting her head back against the brick.

"You are as feisty as ever but I know you well enough to remember your tricks. We've danced this dance before but I think it's time you let me lead." He tightened his grip around her wrist and hit it against the wall repeatedly until she dropped her dagger.

She curled her lip and gave a blazing hateful gaze.

"Go to hell." She said and kicked him in the stomach making him stagger back letting her go.

She fell back down to her feet, grabbed her dagger, and lunged forward, slicing his throat.

He clutched the open cut and choked. He growled then turned to her with a grimace. "I won't die so easily, you wretch."

"I know and I'm not leaving here until I've detached that head from your miserable shoulders."