12. The Codex Vampiric

Isadora sat on her bed in her french silk pajamas with her legs criss crossed. Medusa sat in front of her holding her legs to her chest.

Gal went back to his house. She couldn't convince him it wasn't safe to be alone. Tristan was up in the attic doing who knows what. Robin was downstairs sleeping on the couch. She could tell he had a lot of questions and she couldn't blame him. She would answer whatever she could tomorrow.

Isadora rubbed a warm damp cloth along the scales of Medusa's snakes.

"Your scales always get dry just before you shed," Isadora said.

Medusa rested her chin on her knees. "I would have just shed but the glamour suppresses me from doing so." She said as she rubbed Adonis's belly. He panted happily.

"I've missed you too, who's a good boy?"

Isadora nodded. "In a perfect world, you wouldn't have to use a glamour item."

She laughed. "Wouldn't that be something? Before I was cursed I was wanted for my beauty. All I did was try and protect myself from Poseidon and that apparently warranted a curse. And when I tried to protect myself from Persius I was once again the monster. Two tragic ends, the victim painted over and over again as the monster. I didn't think I would have the chance to start over until one day you came along."

Isadora put a blanket over her shoulders. "I'll always come to your aid no matter what. I promise you that."

Medusa turned to her and smiled. "Thank you. I've really missed you. You're the only person in this twisted world who has listened to my side of the story. You heard my cries when no one else would."

"You don't have to go back to Greece. Just stay with us. Therius is in this town. People are disappearing because of him all over again. You always should have been a part of our team. Fight alongside me."

Medusa smirked. "How can I say no when my girl needs me?"

Isadora grinned.

Robin lay on the couch and stared up at the ceiling thinking over everything that he had experienced and seen

Robin lay on the couch and stared up at the ceiling thinking over everything that he had experienced and seen. He always knew that he wasn't insane. This proved that what he saw all those years ago was real. All of this only added more fuel to the fire. He would do whatever it took to get his revenge and find his brother.

His thoughts turned back to that moment with Isadora. Her words echoed in his mind. "I am the last vampire slayer."

She was a vampire slayer. He had of course read many books on vampire slayers but he figured they had to be a myth. There were few accounts on them. He had hoped to find more information on the concept after all he planned on slaying a vampire himself.

If Isadora really was a vampire slayer then he wanted to learn from her. He wanted to become a vampire slayer.

Robin got up and rubbed his eyes. He couldn't sleep. His mind was too full. He looked toward the staircase. Why was it that now that he had stepped into Isadora's world he felt as if he knew less about her than before? He thought that she had a lot of secrets but now it was as if she was a secret all on her own. Then there was Professor Du Lac, where did he stand in all of this?