49. The Ball Part 2

Isadora clawed at Therius's hand as he held her by the throat over the ledge. "You have been a thorn in my side for far too long, Isadora. Tis a shame since we hold the same goal. We could have worked so well together." He said.

"We do not have the same goal." She said through gritted teeth.

"Don't we though? We both want Zeus to fall, do we not?"

Isadora looked at him in confusion.

He laughed. "Didn't you ever wonder what my army was for? No, I suppose not."

"Isadora!" Robin's voice called and she lifted her eyes to see him standing there with a horrified expression as he held up his dagger.

"Robin-go-run!" She choked.

"No, I'll never leave you." He replied.

Therius looked over his shoulder. "You. Oh, I've been waiting to face you again, after last time." He growled.

"Return Isadora to me safely and you'll get what you want. I'll fight you."

Therius grinned. "So, the rabbit finally grew some guts did he?"

Robin narrowed his eyes and held his dagger firmly in front of him.

"I'll face you, rabbit, but I'm afraid I won't give you what you want." He dropped Isadora over the ledge.

Robin's eyes widened. "Isadora!" He ran toward her but Therius blocked him and sliced his arm with his claws. Robin let out a cry in pain and grabbed his arm as he dropped his dagger.

Isadora grabbed onto the edge of the roof as she fell. "Robin, no!" She shouted.

Robin Clutched his arm as blood spilled between his fingers

Robin Clutched his arm as blood spilled between his fingers. He grit his teeth at the searing pain then looked up at Therius who sneered at him as he raised his claws to strike him again. As he looked into his bloody eyes flashes of memory shot through his brain in lightning strikes. His mother lying lifeless on the floor, Luis as he turned away from him and left. Cindy lying dead on the altar. Robin's blood boiled within him and a fire ignited in his chest. As Therius swung at him again Robin ducked beneath the blow, swiped his dagger off the ground, whirled around, and swung his dagger cutting Therius across the face.

Therius roared and turned to him as his wound festered with darkness and blood. He shifted into a shadow and moved across the ground. Robin backed away and watched his movements when he suddenly vanished. Robin furrowed his brows in confusion. He was gone. He turned and ran toward the edge of the building as Isadora floated back up onto the roof. He smiled in relief and wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him back and rested her head against his chest. "Are you alright? He hurt you..." She let go of him then gently took his arm and looked at it.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it."

"How can you say it's nothing?" She ripped her silk sleeve, then started bandaging his wound. He smiled softly as he watched her tie it off.