41. She Has Returned

Robin packed his backpack, then swung it over his shoulder. He didn't see Isadora at school yesterday, or work. She didn't even ask him to come over and train last evening. What was going on? He was probably worrying for nothing. She was probably just catching up with Heracles the way one does when the family is in town. He nodded to himself. That was probably exactly what it was, after all, she seemed perfectly fine the night before yesterday.

Robin walked through the halls of the university looking around for any signs of Isadora when he saw a flash of her strawberry blonde hair pass the corner. He smiled and moved through the sea of people and turned the corner to see her walk into Professor Du Lac's history class.

He hurried after her. "Isadora."

She turned around and her eyes lit up as she smiled. "Robin."

"Hey, I missed you yesterday, I was surprised I didn't see you in class."

Isadora's gaze shifted to the floor then quickly back to him. "I was busy yesterday."

"Right, you hadn't seen Heracles in a long time. How long is he planning on staying?" He asked.

"He's already returned to Olympus." She walked away and took her seat.

"Oh, really?" He asked and sat down beside her.

"Yes, but before that he promised to go to Arcadia and investigate. If he finds that tree we'll have our answers."

Robin smiled and nodded. "It really was fortunate he showed up. This will help us out a lot."

"We should meet in the library later and discuss our lead further." He said.

"Good idea." Isadora smiled.

Something about her seemed different. She wasn't wearing her usually bright smile and sunny disposition was gone. Did something happen?

He took her hand that rested on the desk. She looked at him and her eyes betrayed her revealing a hint of sadness.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened, I'm just eager to finish this mission."

He nodded once but he knew that she was lying. What could have happened that she just lied to him like that? What couldn't she tell him?

Cindy came out of her bedroom dressed in a long blue skirt and a white blouse and a blue cardigan

Cindy came out of her bedroom dressed in a long blue skirt and a white blouse and a blue cardigan. She didn't sleep well last night. Her mind was haunted by the events that took place yesterday. It was all so confusing and terrifying but she meant every word she said to Tristan. She loved him, none of this changed her feelings. She would try to understand him and work through all of this with him. Yesterday she told him how she felt more than once but he had yet to say it back. At the start of their relationship, she felt he had but it was just her own desires mingled with fantasy. Sometimes it felt as if he was just playing games with her and so she would play along as well but that wasn't what she really wanted. She wanted something real and if she couldn't have that with him then she would rather remain single forever. No one had ever made her feel this way and she knew no one would again.