One Chance. | Mike Bivins.

Reader's Name: Destiny

Starring: Mike Bivins from New Edition/Bell Biv Devoe.

♡(Requested)♡

♡(non-smut)♡

                   ♡♥︎♡

"Girl, I must warn youuuu..."

Their shoes consistently clicked on the brown hardwood floors with beads of sweat trickling from the rim of their foreheads, heavy breaths left their lips and their brown eyes fixed on the melanated woman dancing as the three men copied their choreographer's dance moves, the catchy rhythm of Bell Biv Devoe's "Poison" boomed in the background with the white fluorescent lights above them glistened on their skin, surrounding the people were the four walls painted in a lavender hue, adorned the walls were a few rectangular-shaped mirrors and a balance beam in the corner of the spacious room.

"One...two...and three!" Destiny chanted, simultaneously dancing to the rhythm of the beat.

Destiny was the choreographer for the R&B group Bell Biv Devoe, she got the job by impressing the members with her incredible dance skills during an audition. She has been their choreographer for almost a year now and Mike has had his eyes on her ever since they first met each other.

As the music died down with a push of her thumb on the remote, she gave the young men a warm smile and clapped her hands together, "Alright guys. The rehearsal was amazing and I'll see you three again tonight." Destiny exclaimed, wiping the sweat from her forehead using a towel.

Ronnie, Mike and Ricky discuss their upcoming tour while Mike gazed at Destiny the whole conversation as his band members snickered at him until Ronnie snapped his fingers in front of his face, "Hey, Mike! You've been staring at Destiny ever since we walked in, how do you just ask her out already?" Ronnie

He was snapped out of la la land, Mike shifted his gaze toward his band members, "Huh? Oh, I'm just waiting for the right time to ask her out..." he replied to them, turning his gaze back to Destiny.

Destiny wasn't completely oblivious to Mike's infatuation, focused on packing up her dance gear and making sure everything was in order for their next rehearsal.

But little did Mike know, Destiny had also noticed his lingering glances and the way he always seemed to be in awe of her talent. She found herself stealing glances at him too, wondering if he felt the same way.

"Don't wait! Go ask her out right now, man!" Ricky whispered, pushing him forward to Destiny.

Mike's heart was beating out of his chest, his nerves getting the best of him. For the first time, his usually confident demeanor was replaced with anxiety. He took a deep breath and sauntered toward Destiny as she turned around to face him.

"Destiny, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while now," he began, his voice filled with sincerity. "I was wondering if...if you'd like to go out with me sometime. Maybe we could grab dinner or catch a movie because I really like you," he admitted to her, his tongue running across his lips.

"How about we go to dinner instead? I've felt the same way about you too." She replied, a blush creeping along her skin, a warm smile curled upon her face.

"How about tonight? Pick you up at 8?"

"That sounds perfect."

                 ♡♥︎♡

Mike approached her doorstep with his knuckles and knocked on her door, dressed in a sleek, black tuxedo and tie with a bouquet of vibrant red roses in his hand. The porch light shone a warm glow on the young male standing before the door.

The door slowly creaked open revealing Destiny sported a black satin knee-length dress with matching stiletto heels, her raven box braids neatly tied back in a ponytail, her brown eyes locked onto as she closed the door and locked it behind her. He was in utter awe from gazing at the woman of his dreams.

"Wow Mike, you clean up nicely." she teased, her teeth sinking into her lips.

He lightly chuckled, his cheeks turning a shade of red. "Thank you, Destiny, you look beautiful.." Mike replied with a nod, holding out his hand.

Destiny grabbed onto his hand with their fingers slowly intertwined, stealing glances from each other as they made their way to his car. Mike opened the door for her, a gentlemanly gesture that didn't go unnoticed.

"Such a perfect gentleman, thank you.." She replied with a smile, pecking his cheek, and ducking her head as she settled herself into the passenger seat.

                   ♡♥︎♡

The duo were seated at a circle-shaped table draped with a pristine white tablecloth, their silverware clicked on the porcelain plates.

TLC's Diggin' On You softly playing in the background causing Destiny to rise up from her seat with excitement, Mike stood from his seat as well.

"Ohh! I love this song." she exclaimed, wiping the residue of food from the corners of her lips using a napkin.

"Would you like to dance with me, Destiny?" Mike asked her, holding out his hand for her.

Destiny nodded in excitement and took hold of his hand, allowing Mike to guide her to the dance floor. They halted and embraced each other, with Mike flashing a smile while singing along to her favorite song.

Affectionately, she caressed his face with her hands, and they proceeded to gracefully move around other couples in a slow dance. With a gentle spin from him, she couldn't help but giggle.

"DIGGIN' THE SCENE, DIGGIN' ON YOU, DIGGIN' ON ME..." Destiny sang along, her smile curled up as she snapped her fingers.

The newly formed couple drew closer to one another, their eyes filled with affection, gazing intently at each other. "I've had a great time with you tonight Mike," she replied, her hand cupping the back of his neck.

"How about we make it official with a kiss? Will you be my girl?" Mike asked nervously, his eyes gazing deeply into hers.

As they shared a tender kiss, the gentle meeting of their lips created a soft smacking sound that blended harmoniously with the smooth rhythm and blues music, She experienced a rush of excitement and shivers down her spine after ever brush of his lips, and as they pulled away from each other, she felt a swarm of butterflies in her stomach. This night was absolutely incredible.

"Yes, I would love to be your girl."

Please excuse any grammar mistakes ❤️