A Break. | Larnez Tate.

Reader's Name: Kayla

Starring: Larenz Tate as "O-Dog" From Menace 2 Society.

♡♥︎♡

It has been several months since Kayla informed O-Dog that they needed to take a break. The couple had been together for nearly a year, but their relationship was strained due to his temper. O-Dog didn't like being away from Kayla for too long, but he knew it was necessary for them to work on their issues.

As he strolled around the block, O-Dog's attention was drawn to Kayla conversing with a tall, dark-skinned man and Ronnie. His eyes narrowed with suspicion until he caught sight of Sharif, and a silly grin spread across his face. He knew Sharif well enough to anticipate him blurting out anything he had on his mind.

Sharif saw his O's eyebrows furrow and felt his collar being tightly gripped, he knew he was in trouble. He quickly raised his hands in a defensive gesture, hoping to avoid any further physical confrontation. With a sense of dread, he realized that a wrong move could trigger a violent response from O, who was known to be trigger-happy.

"What the fuck was your ass were you doing talking to my girl, nigga!" O-Dog asked through gritted teeth, his fists clenched tightly at the collar of his shirt.

"We were just talking! nothing more! I mean, they're not even in a relationship, so there's really nothing to worry about," Sharif hastily explained, his head shaking in denial.

"She's got a new nigga now?" O-Dog demanded, shoving Sharif against the wall with a fierce growl. The mere thought of Kayla being with someone else made his blood boil.

"His name is Hakeem that's all I know!" Sharif blurted again.

"Damn right," O muttered, releasing his grip on his shirt collar and pivoting to face Kayla, Hakeem, and Ronnie, who had just arrived on the scene and were gazing at the two men.

O-Dog's fist connected with Hakeem's cheek with lightning speed, causing a crimson stream to spill from his lips and a tooth to tumble from his mouth. Hakeem's hand flew to his collar as O-Dog continued to pummel him relentlessly. As she approached, her box braids swinging with each step, she let out a piercing scream.

"Kevin! That's enough!" Her tone was laced with disgust as she sprinted towards them.

"You're taking a break with this nigga!" O exclaimed, landing a series of punches on him.

"He's my cousin!" Kayla firmly corrected, her brows furrowed. She gently pushed him away from her relative.

O-Dog's fists ceased as soon as he caught the words that escaped her lips. He felt a rush of regret and his eyes grew wide. Kayla rushed over to her cousin to see if he was alright, and Ronnie followed suit.

"Are you okay, Hakeem? I'm so sorry about this," Kayla apologized as she and Ronnie lifted him up by his hands and shoulders.

"It's alright, Kayla. I'm fine," Hakeem reassured her as he wiped his chin. Ronnie picked up his dislodged tooth from the concrete, stained with blood.