Good News, Right? | Jon Seda.

Reader's Name: Nyla

Reader's Name: Nyla.
Starring: Jon Seda.

♡(Requested)♡

♡♥︎♡

Nyla pressed together her fingers, intertwining them, and placed them against her lips just below her nose. Her brown eyes carefully examined the spacious bedroom, while thoughts about her boyfriend, Jon, consumed her mind.

Nyla was seated on a cushioned stool in front of her makeup table, which was adorned with a pristine white cover, she pondered deeply.

She feels a rapid flutter in her stomach as she delicately plays with her black box braids, but her anxiety subsides upon hearing her partner's voice resonating from downstairs in their home.

Jon's footsteps become louder with each step as he makes his way towards the bedroom.

Nyla's heart skipped a beat at the sound of Jon's voice. She quickly composed herself, taking a deep breath to calm her racing thoughts.

A determined look in her eyes, she stood up from the stool and walked towards the bedroom door, ready to face the conversation she had been avoiding.

Jon entered the room, his warm smile instantly melted away Nyla's anxiety. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a nice hug. "How was your day, Sweetie?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

Nyla leaned into his arms, "It was good, Jon," she replied softly, her voice tinged with a hint of nervousness. "But there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about."

Jon's brows furrowed slightly, sensing the seriousness in her tone. He gently pulled away, his eyes searching hers for any clues. "What is it, Nyla? You know you can tell me anything."

Taking a deep breath, Nyla mustered up the courage to speak her truth.

"Jon, I've been thinking a lot about our future together and I'm pregnant," she began, her voice steady but filled with emotion. "And I can't help but wonder if we're on the same page."

Jon's eyes widened in surprise, his mind racing to process the news. He took a step back, his hand instinctively reaching for Nyla's.

Nyla could feel the weight of the moment hanging in the air, her heart pounding in her chest. She watched as a mix of emotions flickered across Jon's face - surprise, concern, and a hint of fear.

"Please, just say something." Nyla whispered softly, her hand gripped his tightly.

Jon's expression softened, and he squeezed Nyla's hand gently. "Nyla, I... I didn't expect this," he admitted, his voice filled with a mix of emotions. "But that doesn't change how I feel about you. We may not have planned for this, but we'll figure it out together."

Nyla exhaled a sigh of relief, tears welling up in her eyes. She had been holding her breath, unsure of how Jon would react. "I love you." she spoke softly, sniffling between her set of words.

Jon pulled Nyla into another hug, holding her tightly, "I love you more baby." he replied, wiping her tears away using his thumbs. He went on to say, "And I can't wait for our baby to come into this world and meet us." He smiled, kissing her forehead tenderly.

Maybe the news wasn't so bad after all and with hope engulfing the couple, Jon and Nyla were ready for their child to be here.

Please excuse any grammar mistakes ❤️