No Games. | Leon Robinson.

Reader's Deanna

Reader's Deanna.
Starring: Leon Robinson.

♡(Requested)♡

♡(non-smut)♡

                  ♡♥︎♡

Her brown eyes fixed on the squeaky clean white porcelain dishes with her hand gently placing it on the white dish rack, the soapy foam covered her wrists as she spun around her heels, the old school R&B played in the background from the radio, the quiet storm station. Humming to her favorite song, Rain by SWV. The sunset perked through the window with the gentle breeze brushing across her face. Washing dishes in the comfort of her own home.

The doorbell rang through the house and caught her attention, she quickly wiped off her hands using the paper towel before throwing it away in the trash can.

Deanna took a peek through the peephole and saw her childhood friend Leon, she quickly opened the door as he stepped inside the house, enveloping her in a warm embrace.

"Hey Leon.." she greeted light-heartedly, Closing the door behind himself.

"Hey Deanna, how are you?" he asked her, his smile etched on his face.

Leon was visiting her for today, however even though they'd been friends for a long time, he wanted to be more friends with her. She usually played hard to get and saw as the player type, maybe she should give him a chance.

"I've been good, finally finished my shift at work and came home.." Deana smiled at him, her eyes on him.

She had always been hesitant to let anyone get too close, especially after being hurt in the past. But there was something different about Leon.

He had always been there for her, through thick and thin. Maybe it was time to take a leap of faith.

"Actually, Deana, I've been thinking," Leon began, his voice filled with uncertainty.

Deana raised an eyebrow, her smile fading slightly. "What's on your mind, L?"

He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before speaking. "I know we've been friends for a long time, and you've always seen me as a player. But lately, I wonder if there's something more between us."

Leon's eyes widened in surprise, his gaze searching Deanna's face for any signs of doubt. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

He nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I think I'm willing to give us a chance, D. No games, just honesty and true connection."

Relief and excitement washed over Leon's face as he took a step closer to Deanna. "That's all I've ever wanted, L. A chance to show you how much you mean to me."

As the old-school R&B continued to play softly in the background, Deanna and Leon hugged each other as they kissed tenderly twice, her hands cupping his face. The couple pulled away. "I'm glad that I took that chance.." She said softly, smiling at him.

They both knew that launching on a romantic relationship would change everything, but they were ready to take that risk.

Over the next few weeks, Deanna and Leon went on dates, shared laughter, and discovered new depths to their friendship. They bared their souls to each other, discussing their dreams, fears, and past experiences that had shaped them into the people they were today.

Through it all, Deanna realized that Leon was not the player she had once believed him to be. He was genuine, caring, and committed to making their relationship work. And in return, Deanna opened up her heart, allowing herself to be vulnerable with Leon like never before.

This was the beginning of something new, something real between them.

——————