Beautiful. | Rick Gonozalez.

Reader's Name: Diamond

Starring: Rick Gonzalez as "Naps" from Roll Bounce.

(Requested)

         ———————

His brown eyes settled upon the women with her dark brown skin and pearly white smile, her thick body and her hips swaying from side to side as she roller skating skillfully through the crowd of adults and teenagers, the music boomed through the roller skating rink into their ears. He couldn't help but be love smitten by her smile.

Only one young college graduate caught his eye, Naps that is. Both Naps, his friends and Diamond recently graduated from college, spending their summers at the roller skating rink.

Obviously, there was a stupid opportunity for Junior to say something.

Junior's eyes settled on Diamond and then on Naps, his smirk curled up on his face. "Hey Naps, I don't think she likes Peruto Rican dudes.." he snickered, being roughly pushed by Xavier as Junior almost fell over.

"How do you know what she likes Junior?" Xavier chimed in, rolling his eyes.

Naps payed his friends no mind and roller skated his way toward her with a smile on his face.

"Hey Diamond how are you?" Naps asked her, clumsily turning around in a circle.

"I'm good, Naps. you still hang out with Junior? He's still teasing you huh?" Diamond asked him.

Diamond always wondered why Naps, Mixed Mike, Xavier and Boo were the only ones who would hang out with Junior. He would always tease someone or crack jokes.

But if his friends would leave Junior then he would probably be alone or find some new friends. It flogged her mind for a bit. They've been best friends since high school but still.

"Yeah, you know how he is. So umm...I've been planning to ask you.

"Ask me what?" Diamond replied, raising her eyebrows.

"Will you go out with me?" he asked gently.

Diamond's eyes widened in surprise as she processed Naps' unexpected question.

"Naps, you caught me off guard with your question. Yes, I'll go out with you."

"That sounds perfect, Diamond."

Diamond and Naps knew that they had found something truly special. The two of them held hands and strolled up the carpeted ramp, smiling at each other as they continued their conversation.

"Where are taking me out for our date?"

"It's a surprise.." He said.

They ended up going out to a nice restaurant for the night, and eating good food as they sipped red wine.

"Thanks for this.." She chimed in,  and he replied "You deserve it.."

The couple leaned in forward for a quick kiss on the lips, underneath the bright lights. Naps paid for the bill while they both stood up from the table, and walked out of the restaurant. Approaching the car and he sped away.

—————