Next Door. | Lloyd Avery ll.

Reader's Name: Riley

Starring: Lloyd Avery ll.

           ▶︎▶︎Part 2/2.◀︎◀︎

                  ♡♥︎♡

Her brown eyes fixed on the young male with his caramel skin skillfully dribbling the basketball in his hands, she sat causally on the green bench with the book held tightly in her hands. The sunlight beat down on her face, she grimaced and held her hand in front of her face to block out the sun with the gentle breeze brushing across the college students. The couple was perched in his spacious backyard behind his house on a balmy September.

"Let me guess, you have another game for your college basketball team?" Riley joked, placing her book beside her legs.

"Yes, I am. I'm the best player on the team baby.." Lloyd declared, making a jump shot as he heard the swish sound.

Clearly, Lloyd was still honing his skills for his upcoming college game; however, his college basketball team emerged victorious, with the only discrepancy being that it took place during the day, under the sun, and Riley's parents refrained from instructing her to ask Lloyd to cease his practice sessions, following his apology.

Ultimately, it turned out to be a situation where everyone benefited. Ever since he left the note on their doorstep, he's been playing during the day and the evening.

"My parents forgave you and they're actually impressed with your dedication to the game," Riley said, a smile playing on her lips.

Lloyd paused for a moment, his gaze fixed on Riley. "Really? They're not mad at me anymore?" he asked, a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

"No, they understand now. They see how important basketball is to you, how it's your passion. And they admire your commitment." Riley added with a nod, her lips curled up in a smile.

A wave of relief washed over Lloyd's face, and he was happy that they weren't mad at him. He knew how much his basketball dreams meant to him.

"They also told me to ask you when is your next game so we can be in the crowd and cheer you on."

Lloyd smiled again at his girlfriend before he stepped toward the bench and pecked her lips.

"The game is this Saturday, this is gonna be the biggest game of the season."

As the sun started to set, casting a warm golden glow over the backyard, Lloyd walked over to Riley and took a seat beside her on the bench. He reached out and gently took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers.

"I'm really lucky to have you, Riley," he said, his voice filled with sincerity.

Riley blushed, feeling her heart swell with love for Lloyd. "I feel the same way, Lloyd. you're also the best boyfriend anyone could ask for."

They sat there in silence for a while, basking in the warmth of their love and the beauty of the evening. "I gotta head home now.."

"Mind I if walk you to your house?" He said softly, standing up with his hand out. His girlfriend took his hand and stood up from the bench.

Riley giggled, her eyes settled on him with a smile on her face."I don't mind at all.." She replied, she nodded. She picked up her book from the bench and held it tight.

The couple strolled out of the backyard with their hands still intertwined, their shoes clicked on the concrete as they stepped on the sidewalk. Lloyd halted in front of her door as Riley kissed her boyfriend goodbye, her cheeks grew warm. Her teeth caught between her lips.

The door swung open revealing her dad standing with his arms folded and a stern look adorning his face, "Good evening Lloyd, we will be coming to your game. I'm proud of you son." her dad told him, his smile grew wide.

Lloyd's eyes widened in surprise, but a smile quickly spread across his face. "Thank you, sir. I really appreciate your support," he replied, his head nodded gradually.

"That's something to be proud of. We'll be there to cheer you on." Riley's dad nodded, his stern expression softening slightly.

Lloyd's heart swelled with pride as he thanked Riley's dad once again. He watched his girlfriend walked into the house as she waved goodbye.

"I'll see you this weekend.."

——————