At This Party. | Method Man.

Reader's Name: Raven

Starring: Method Man.

             ♡♥︎♡

It's been almost a year that Clifford and Raven have been dating, the couple started off as friends then gotten closer soon enough to become a couple.

The two clicked in an instant, they met at a party when their friends invited them over to get out of the house. Raven wasn't a fan of parties but she tried to have some fun with her friends then her favorite song by Brandy played on the speakers.

Which is I Wanna Be Down.

Their eyes met and they exchanged a subtle nod, a nonverbal agreement to dance the night away. As the music filled the air, they moved in sync, lost in each other's embrace.

However, lurking in the back of their minds was the realization that they may encounter former flames. The possibility of unwanted encounters hung over them like a dark cloud, threatening to spoil their evening.

Raven finally arrived at the food and drink table, eager to grab something to quench her thirst. As she reached for a drink, she noticed Clifford munching on a brownie. However, Raven became skeptical since the brownie looked like it could be an edible. Clifford's eyes were getting droopy, and Raven could see the effects of the brownie kicking in. Concerned, she advised Clifford to stop eating it, and he agreed, throwing it away.

"Wasn't that an edible?" Raven teased, chuckling at her boyfriend.

"Rav, that shit was weak. It couldn't even give me a buzz and it didn't taste great either," Clifford grumbled, smacking his lips in annoyance.

Raven turns her head to see an old flame of hers: Devante Swing. Her eyes widened at him while she tired to look other way, avoiding eye contact. However Devante walked over to the couple to see if it her. Clifford's scrunched up face was arriving right on time.

"What's up Rav Rav?"
Devante greeted.

Raven's gaze shifted and landed on a familiar figure - Devante Swing, an old flame of hers. Despite trying to avoid eye contact, her eyes widened at the sight of him. As if on cue, Devante walked over to where Raven and her current partner, Clifford, were standing.

"Hey Rav Rav, what's up?" Devante greeted with a smile.

Raven couldn't help but feel a twinge of discomfort at the sight of her ex. Their relationship had only revolved around music, and she knew that it wasn't enough for her. She had made the tough decision to break things off with him, despite the pain it caused.

"Hey Devante."
Raven grumbled under her breath, rolling her eyes at him.

This isn't the time at all.

"It's not a good time for us to talk," Raven stated firmly, gesturing towards her boyfriend Clifford who was standing beside her.

"Your boyfriend?" Devante's tone was laced with disbelief.