With Me? | Dedrick d. Gobert.

Reader's Name: Mikayla

Starring: Dedrick D. Gobert as "Dooky" from Boyz N the Hood.

♡(Requested)♡

♡(non-smut)♡

                      ♡♥︎♡

Her deep brown eyes roamed the graduation party with her back leaning against the green lawn chair as the electrifying hip-hop boomed in the spacious background mingling with the laughter and weed that filled the air, the young black women and men of various shades exchanged looks of joy, the sizzling scent of barbecue tempted their tastebuds.

"Hey Mikayla! Do you want to play spades with me and Doughboy?" Dooky hollered, holding up the stack of cards in his hands.

Ricky, who had completed his college studies, made to the NFL and could finally move of out his mom's house, his mom hosted a celebration for his graduation. Mikayla, a close friend of Ricky as well as Tre and Doughboy, invited her own best friends Alisha, Imani, and Nicole to join in the cookout festivities.

"Are you still trying to get with Dooky?" Alisha asked her, raising her brows at her friend.

"Yes, didn't you tell me that he had a crush on me?" Mikayla teased, tilting her head to the side.

"I did mention it," Alisha replied with a mischievous smile. "But you know how guys can be. They never really admit to anything."

The brown-skinned women grinned at the group of young men and stood up from the lawn chair, Mikayla chuckled and adjusted her sundress, feeling excitement and nervousness.

"Thanks for coming Mikaya.." Ricky thanked her, giving her a warm smile.

Mikayla nodded and replied with a smile too, "No problem Ricky and congrats!" she retorted, giving him a hug.

She had always found Dooky intriguing, with his laid-back charm and effortless confidence. And now, with the possibility of him having a crush on her, she feels a flutter in her chest.

As she walked over to where Dooky and Doughboy were setting up a table for the card game, Mikayla noticed the way Dooky's eyes lit up when he saw her approaching.

She felt her cheeks grew warm, hoping that her own excitement wasn't too obvious.

"Hey, Mikayla!" Dooky greeted her, his voice filled with genuine happiness. "Glad you could join us. We were just about to start a game."

Mikayla smiled, trying to play it cool. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Spades is my game, after all."

Doughboy chuckled, nudging Dooky playfully. "Looks like you got some competition, man."

Dooky shrugged, a playful glint in his eyes. "We'll see about that. Mikayla, you ready to lose?"

Mikayla raised an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at her lips. "Oh, you're in for a surprise, Dooky. I've been practicing."

The group laughed, their banter filling the air as they settled around the table. "And I win! In ya'll fucking faces." Mikayla hollered, grabbing the stacks of money from the young men.

"Man fuck this game! Dooky your girl is taking all my money nigga!" Doughboy exclaimed with a head shake, crossing his arms.

"Shut the fuck up man!" Dooky exclaimed, facepalming himself.

Dooky looked toward Mikyala's way with a shy expression, "aww, you like me huh?" She teased him, giggling lowly.

Dooky stood up from the table and walked over to Mikayla, a sheepish smile on his face. "Yeah, I do," he admitted, he nodded.

Mikayla's heart skipped a beat as she looked into his eyes. She reached out and gently touched his arm. "I like you too, Dooky," she confessed, her voice filled with warmth.

The two of them walked away from the party, oblivious to the party happening around them. The music and laughter faded into the background as they leaned in closer, their lips meeting in a soft, sweet kiss.

As they pulled away, Dooky smiled. "I've been wanting to kiss you," he admitted, his voice soft yet firm.

Mikayla grinned at him. "Well, I'm glad you finally did," she replied, her voice filled with affection.

They returned to the table, hand in hand, ready to continue the card game. But this time, they were ready to win more money from Doughboy, the budding romance that had blossomed amidst the laughter and friendship of the graduation party.

And as the night went on, Mikayla and Dooky found themselves laughing, talking, and stealing glances at each other.

——————