⁰⁷, SNIPER SHOOTING

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter seven; Sniper Shooting
Didn't know they let girls into the SEALs. "

  ZEPPELIN WILLIAMS WAS thrilled that Carl Grimes was finally up and out of bed

  ZEPPELIN WILLIAMS WAS thrilled that Carl Grimes was finally up and out of bed. Lori and Rick were not complaining about the girl that stuck to their son's side; she was bright and cheerful and had better manners than most people the couple had met.

  Vex was not as thrilled.

  "She's gonna get attached. She already is."

  "Vex, it's the first kid she's been around in a year."

  The woman sighed, taking another sip of water as she watched Zeppelin show Carl how to play Jacks.

  "It's only gonna hurt her more when they leave," Vex mumbled.

  Dean sighed, crossing his arms.

  "They're nice people-- and they've survived this long. It might not be so bad--"

  "I've put the faith in the wrong people enough for one life, Dean."

  He fell silent at this, refusing to argue this point over with his sister any more than they already had.

  Zeppelin cheered loudly when Carl managed to collect all the jacks, the boy grinning before passing the ball back to her. They continued on for a while until Rick approached the two. They talked for a moment, Zeppelin nodding her head quickly, before taking off toward her mother.

  "Hi, Momma," Zeppelin smiled, out of breath, accepting the water glass her mother offered, "They're doing a shooting class further out."

  "Yeah, you know how to shoot, Zep," Vex said, cocking her head.

  "Well," Zeppelin drawled out, "I know that. But, I was thinkin' if we went. . . you might show me how to shoot your gun."

  "Zep--"

  "That sounds like a wonderful idea, Zep," Dean said, standing quickly, "How about we all go, huh? Make it a family outing."

  "Yeah, no," Vex laughed, "If I'm going either way, then you're picking up my chores here."

  ". . . Sounds fair," Dean smiled, patting his sister's shoulder, "Make some friends."

  Vex frowned as her brother entered the house, jumping when her daughter's voice yelled out.

  "She said yes!"

  Carl threw two thumbs up in the air.

🗡

  "Where'd you learn how to shoot?"

  Vex was helping set up the makeshift range alongside Rick and Shane, while the learners accepted guns from T-Dog.