¹², HUNGOVER INTERROGATION

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter twelve; Hungover Interrogation
Don't look at him, look at me. "

  RICK ASKED VEX if she'd be willing to question Randall alongside Daryl Dixon

  RICK ASKED VEX if she'd be willing to question Randall alongside Daryl Dixon. She agreed, and at first light met the man himself outside the towering barn.

"I can handle this. No need to get your hands dirty."

"What, you're gonna torture the kid?" Vex laughed.

"I'm gon' do what I have to."

"Then we can agree on that much," She quipped, pushing the doors open.

Randall was a scrawny-looking kid, who Vex guessed was in his early 20s.

Daryl closed the door behind himself as Vex approached the boy, tugging down his blindfold before removing his headphones.

"Please--"

"It is very rude to speak to someone without introducing yourself," Vex sighed, taking a seat in front of the boy, "My name's Vex. Yours is Randall. Now we can talk, like normal people."

Randall nervously glanced at Daryl, who stood looming mere feet behind Vex.

"Don't look at him, look at me," Vex said calmly, earning the boy's attention, "Tell me about your group, Randall."

"I'm not like them, I don't--"

"I don't want to hear about you yet," She cut off, "Tell me about your group."

Randall hesitated, licking his lips nervously.

"I barely knew 'em, I met them on the road."

"How many?"

Randall looked to the ground, clearly not wanting to give away all too many details.

  "Listen, if we're being frank here," Vex said, leaning forward, "I have no issue ripping out fingernails and pulling out teeth. But I'm hungover, and I'd like this to be easy if it can be."

  "You-- you don't have to do that," Randall said quickly, "Come on, I-- I'm innocent here."

  "Then prove it to me," She shrugged, "Prove to me that you aren't a threat here. Or I'll let him talk to you."

  Vex nodded to Daryl, who seemed all too menacing to Randall.

  "I-- I can't--"

  Vex stood swiftly, turning on her heel.

  "Come get me when he asks for me," She told Daryl, patting the man on the shoulder in passing, "Don't forget I gave you a choice, Randall!"

  It took all but ten minutes for Daryl to call Vex's name from inside the barn.