⁰⁹, ROMANCE READERS

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter nine; Romance Readers
No matter what you've done, no matter who you were or who you turn into, V. You're my sister. "

"YOU STAY BEHIND me, and don't you dare do anything else!"

Zeppelin obeyed her mother this time, watching as the group of newcomers gunned down the walkers coming toward them.

It was silent when they had fallen. Everyone standing before everything they'd done.

And then one final walker emerged from the barn.

Vex heard Carol's cries, her anger turning to pain as Daryl caught the woman before she could rush to her daughter. Vex cradled Zeppelin's head into her stomach, forcing her daughter's eyes away as Rick, who had not fired a single shot, approached Sophia, drawing his pistol.

The shot was deafening.

Only Carol's cries sounded out for seconds before the woman took off back toward the house.

The Greene family was in shock, Beth sobbing before approaching the bodies littering the ground to be beside her mother.

Only the walker hadn't died fully.

Vex moved instantly, along with the group, separating Beth before ending the walker's life.

Vex held Beth tightly, her eyes meeting a silent Hershel's.

🗡

There was a bit of a scuffle between Shane and Hershel, which ended only with Maggie slapping the man and Hershel ordering them off of his land.

Vex walked Beth to her room, Zeppelin close behind.

The woman brushed Beth's hair from her face, watching the girl cry endless but silent tears.

"I'm here, Bethie," Vex said quietly.

"You're leaving, too," Beth cried, "You said so--"

"Honey. . ."

"Just-- just stay, please," Beth cried, throwing her arms around Vex, "Just a little while longer."

Vex tightened her jaw but hugged the girl tightly, brushing her hair smoother.

"I need to talk to your dad, Bethie, but I'll be back," Vex whispered, "I'll be right back, okay?"

Zeppelin took a seat on Beth's bed when her mother stood, not saying a word as Vex left.

The woman went to Hershel's room- he wasn't taking visitors, but she didn't particularly care.

"Don't chastise me now, I'm in no mood to argue."