¹⁰, FLY ME TO THE MOON

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter ten; Fly Me To The Moon
I leave for 12 hours and shit breaks bad. "

  NOBODY SAID ANYTHING when Vex left

  NOBODY SAID ANYTHING when Vex left. At least, not to the woman herself.

She wasn't very approachable normally, and after the display of the day prior, it felt like taunting a lion.

"She really left?"

"She'll be back," Dean assured Carol.

"Well, where is she going, off on her own like that?" Carol questioned, clearly worried.

"Just back to our place," Dean said, "She needed to pick somethin' up, clear her head a little."

Carol frowned but nodded.

"She'll be alright," Dean said, his expression softening, "I appreciate you worryin' about her. I know she would, too. But she's been through worse."

"Worse than the world falling apart?" Carol let out a dry laugh.

"Depends on who you ask," He shrugged, "I think evil people are worse than mindless reanimated corpses. And Vex has been dealing with evil her whole life."

The woman frowned but chose not to dig any further. She thanked Dean, before departing from the man.

Dean, however, decided to do more digging.

The farm was bustling; Rick and Glenn had returned safely with Hershel, and a boy named Randall that they'd saved in town.

Zeppelin had already given Dean the scoop about a new romance budding between Glenn and Maggie, one Zeppelin supported ruthlessly, despite no argument from Dean.

  The girl also informed Dean that Daryl Dixon had set up camp further out, Lori was pregnant, and 'something strange' was going on with Shane.

  "How do you know all of that?"

  "I can be quiet when I need to," Zeppelin shrugged, "And Carl told me about his mom."

  Dean only laughed and ruffled her hair, joining the makeshift council debating on Randall's fate.

  The man didn't pipe up, allowing Hershel to speak his piece and nodding along.

  "Look," Zeppelin whispered, tugging her uncle's arm, "He's here."

  Dean craned his neck, nodding once in welcome to Daryl Dixon, who repeated the action.

  Once the council had informally concluded, and Shane left in a flurry of anger, Zeppelin jumped from her seat.

  "You hunt," Zeppelin noted, trailing Daryl out of the home.

  "Yeah," He responded shortly, "Where's your mom?"