⁶², PHOTO PROOF

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter sixty-two; Photo Proof
" No fights on your first day. "

  ZEPPELIN WILLIAMS HAD ditched the idea of strolling the streets of Alexandria and meeting its residents

  As great as this place had seemed, she wasn't ready for it to be normal yet.

  Things had changed. She had changed. Zeppelin wasn't sure she could ever be normal again. Could someone be normal if they killed their own dad? Could someone be normal if they killed a man trying to attack her?

  Could someone who had been a victim and now felt like the aggressor be normal?

  Zeppelin wasn't sure. So she couldn't pretend she was, she couldn't meet normal people and smile and introduce herself like she usually could.

  She'd made sure Carl was okay before leaving. He was being cornered by an older couple who were infatuated with Judith and assured Zeppelin he'd be alright for a little while.

  Currently, she was walking aimlessly. All the streets looked the same and it unnerved her. Reminded her of that big white house she'd grown up in. It had been smaller than these, but the neighborhood felt the same. Copy and paste, cookie-cutter— the perfect place. The perfect place where no one would ever assume what happened inside.

  "Zep?"

  She frowned, knowing she was busted.

  "Hi, Uncle Jack," Zeppelin greeted, spinning on her heel.

  "You out here alone?" He asked with a laugh, approaching the girl.

  "Just exploring."

  He raised a brow, propping a hand on his hip as he inspected the girl.

  "Your mom know 'bout it?"

  "Sure does."

  "Mhm, well, then let's go grab her. I can show the both of y'all around."

  Zeppelin's face soured, but she knew there was no point in arguing.

  And Jack knew he had won so he smiled, nodding in the direction of their house, before starting off.

  He talked the entire way. About his time in Alexandria, how life had been— how it would be.

  Jack tried to get Zeppelin to talk to, but she hardly wanted to recount her experience. Hardly wanted to talk about most of the Greene family dying after their farm fell, about the Governor and losing the prison, about losing Dale and Lori and Andrea and Tyreese. She didn't even want to tell him about Merle dying. And she has no interest whatsoever in recounting her last interaction with her father.

  So she stayed quiet until they approached that familiar house, where Vex Williams and Daryl Dixon sat side by side on the front porch.

  "Found a stray," Jack announced as they approached.