³¹, SHAKEN SODA CAN

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter thirty-one; Shaken Soda Can
You're cute when you're worried, though. "

  DEAN WAS ENJOYING a quiet morning

DEAN WAS ENJOYING a quiet morning. He got up with the sun, had his instant coffee outside, and scanned over a book as if absorbed the words on the page. Following this, Dean would try to wake up Zeppelin and Vex, sometimes he was successful, and sometimes he was not. He'd grab breakfast with them, before starting his day at the fenceline and ending it in the garden.

Today, he got to the try to wake up Zeppelin and Vex part before hell broke loose.

"Wakey, wakey," Dean sang, entering his sister's room, "The sun is up, so you should be, too."

Vex groaned, pulling a pillow over her head.

"See, now I know you're awake," Dean mumbled, pulling the pillow back, "Come on, up and at 'em."

Vex groaned louder, but sat up, staring angrily at her brother.

"We have things to accomplish today, come on," He clapped, "Get dressed."

The woman pulled herself out of bed, shooing Dean out of the room.

He stood on the other side of the sheet, checking his broken watch often.

Vex finally emerged in regular clothes, still fastening a holster to her thigh as she did.

"Zep awake?"

  Her voice was thick with sleep, the woman still attempting to wipe the sleep from her eyes as she looked at her brother, wondering how he had more energy than her twelve-year-old kid.

"She's next, you were lucky number one," Dean smiled.

"One of these days, I'm gonna--"

A gunshot echoed through the prison, and for a second, Vex thought it was the leftover sleep.

But then there was another.

"Go," Vex said, taking off, "Get Zeppelin, tell the others--!"

"Vex--!"

"Just do it, Dean!" 

Vex ran quickly, spotting Daryl, Tyreese, and Sasha.

"What's going on?!"

"Walkers in D," Sasha announced, "Tombs are locked down, Hershel's on guard."

Vex took off alongside them, the group running into Rick on the way who joined in.

It was chaos.

Rick stayed by the staircase, ushering people out, as Vex ran deeper into the cellblock. She worked quickly, taking out walkers with her knife. She yelled, instructing people to lock themselves into cells as she cleared the remainder of the downstairs alongside Daryl.