¹⁵, A FAMILY AFFAIR

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter fifteen; A Family Affair
I can't take back what I did or didn't do. "

ZEPPELIN WEPT AT Dale's funeral

ZEPPELIN WEPT AT Dale's funeral. She hadn't known him for long, but she'd known him enough.

  So there she stood, with her copy of 'Journey to the Center of the Earth', bundled up as the weather had slowly grown colder, crying for him.

  And Vex had held her daughter. 

  But what the woman, and her brother, were more concerned with, was the changing tides that appeared to be coming in Rick's speech.

  The first change happened that very day.

  "We can clear out-- give everyone more room."

  "Vex," Hershel said raising an eyebrow, "You made your choice. Stick to your word."

  The group eyed Vex, even Rick holding his breath.

  "I'll take the pickup, and get the rest of our supplies," Vex said, shoving her hands in the pockets of her jacket, "Zep, Dean, and I'll move into one room; enough room for someone else to crash on the floor. We could make it comfortable; sleepin' bag, blankets."

  "Pillow fort," Zeppelin smiled small, "Come on, who's with me?"

  "Sounds comfortable to me," Carol smiled.

  Zeppelin pumped her fists in the air out of excitement, earning a laugh from Carol.

  "Supplies, what are we talkin'?" Rick said.

  "Food, water, couple of meds," Vex sighed, "Dean was a prepper."

  "And look who was right," Dean clapped.

  Vex rolled her eyes, shoving her brother's shoulder.

  "Lots of baby stuff, too," Dean pointed, "Bought shit like crazy when V told me she was pregnant. Formula, clothes, baby medicine."

  "That's. . . wow," Lori breathed, "Thank you."

  "Well, it won't do much for Zep anymore," Dean grinned, "Don't mention it."

  "Take someone with you," Rick nodded, "We can't keep on goin' on solo missions."

  "Alright," Vex said, "It's quick and easy-- no danger involved, and we'll take a walkie."

  "Want me to come?" Dean offered.

  Vex looked to Zeppelin.

  "I can look after her," Carol offered, "Set up that blanket fort."

  "Yes!" Zeppelin said, grabbing Carol's hand, "Mom, please?"

  Vex laughed, nodding.

  "You be good, help Miss Carol bring her things inside," Vex said, ruffling her daughter's hair.