⁶⁰, COLD SHOWER

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter sixty; Cold Shower
" Is it my turn to want somethin'? "

chapter sixty; Cold Shower" Is it my turn to want somethin'? "

VEX EVENTUALLY HAD to give up her gun. Which was only okay because both Jack and Rick assured her it was. The group had been given two houses to split however they pleased, and Deanna would be speaking to each of them individually to place them in jobs suited to them.

And right now, it was Vex's turn.

"This feels like an interview."

"Kind of is."

Vex breathed out a laugh, taking a seat on the loveseat across from Deanna.

She was a polished woman, which made sense once Jack told her she had been a politician. The only thing setting Vex on edge was the camera pointed at her.

"Jack's talked about you. I'm glad you found your way to us," Deanna said, a small smile on her features, "You were a Navy SEAL, and excelled in every facet of the job. Jack wants you to work with him. Security, sniper. . ."

"We work together well," Vex said, "Wouldn't be anything to do it again."

Deanna clasped her hands, leaning closer.

"You have a daughter."

"Zeppelin," Vex confirmed, though her posture seemed to tighten, "Yes."

"Someone with a daughter might not want a job like that."

"I fought before there was a choice. I'll be fine."

"Tell me about something other than the Navy."

Vex stared.

"Why?"

"Because I think there's more things of value than that."

"Um. . . Alright."

Vex found herself recounting other skills. Hunting, the council at the prison; she'd mostly worked as a lookout, when jobs were a real idea they still held, but she had other talents. . . right?

She couldn't explain why but she felt the need to impress Deanna. To be wanted and needed in Alexandria.

"I think you're a people person, Vex. I think you help connect people."

"Oh, I don't know about that," Vex said, forcing out a laugh, "Rick's a people person. Dean is a people person. Michonne, Carol, Maggie, Glenn-- I am not."

Deanna raised a brow.

Vex shifted in her seat.

"I'll think of something for you," Deanna said after a moment, standing, "You should get settled. Jack was hellbent on you and your daughter having your own place. I figured you'd like to stay close to your group, so your house is next to the two we've given them."