⁴⁵, LIGHT THE PAGE

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter forty-five; Light The Page
"  Tell her to watch your 3 o'clock. You've been leavin' it open lately. "

  DEAN WILLIAMS WAS downright perplexed with the scene in front of them

  DEAN WILLIAMS WAS downright perplexed with the scene in front of them. He worked alongside his group, taking down the walkers that surrounded a priest cowering on a boulder, before standing back as Rick began speaking.

  "Come on down."

  The man obeyed shakily, looking the group over only for a moment before puking the contents of his stomach onto the ground beside him.

  "Sorry," He breathed, wiping his mouth, "Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel."

  "Do you have any weapons on you?"

  Gabriel let out a nervous laugh, looking around the group before becoming more somber.

  "Do I look like I would have any weapons?"

  "We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like."

  "I have no weapons of any kind," Gabriel said after a moment, "The word of God is the only protection I need."

  "Sure didn't look like it," Daryl mumbled, ignoring Vex's elbow meeting his side.

  "I called for help," Gabriel said, "Help came. . . Do you have-- have any food? Whatever I-- I had left, it just hit the ground."

  "We've got some pecans."

  "Some berries, too," Zeppelin spoke up, joining Carl's side and holding out a small handful of berries, "It's not much, but it's something."

  The girl smiled honestly up at Gabriel letting Carl tug her back toward the group.

  "That's a beautiful child," Gabriel noted, looking to Judith, ". . . Do you have a camp?"

  "No. Do you?"

  "I have a church."

  "Hold your hands above your head."

  Vex shifted Judith's weight, watching Rick pat the priest down as he asked those three important questions. Turns out, Gabriel had avoided any kind of violence; killing no walkers, or people. 

  So, after a moment, they decided to go back to this church.

  Vex waited outside while some of the group entered to ensure the church was clear. It was a silent couple of moments, other than Abraham sharing the news of a bus he'd found out back until they returned to announce the church was clear.

  It was obvious Abraham wanted to get up and go to D.C. as soon as possible, but each member of the group informed him they weren't planning on splitting up anytime soon.