³⁰, BIG SPOT PLANE

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter thirty; Big Spot Plane
" I count on you. "

  LIFE HAD CHANGED

LIFE HAD CHANGED. It had been a long six months since residents of Woodbury had joined the prison, and it had become a real community.

They had a full farm going, gardens, and animals, classes for the kids, and had even constructed a full council for decision-making.

They'd accepted even more people since.

Vex was acclimating slightly better than Daryl had been.

"Vex, come on, we gotta run to do."

The woman groaned, pulling her blanket over her head at the intrusion.

Only for said blanket to be ripped away.

"You are a cruel man, Daryl Dixon."

He scoffed, grabbing her bag.

"Get dressed," He grunted. "Come on. Carol's messin' with me since you ain't around."

Vex opened her eyes, grinning at the man.

"She callin' you Pookie again?"

Daryl scoffed, throwing her blanket back on her.

"Put some pants on. Let's go."

"I have pants on!"

"Don't look like it!"

"God, I hate you!"

Daryl smiled as Vex dragged herself out of bed, knocking once on the doorframe.

"Yeah, yeah," He mumbled, leaving the woman.

Vex might not have been adjusting very well, in all honesty.

She was glad that Zeppelin was happy. Dean was thrilled, too.

New people meant new friends.

Zeppelin and Carl reconciled almost instantly upon her return six months ago, Dean had made a tight friendship with Tyreese, and Daryl had become some sort of local hero thanks to his retrieval of many survivors, and his hunting trips.

And Vex had remained Vex.

She still took watch in the tower, taught newcomers how to take out the walkers along the fenceline, and went on runs went requested.

Hell, Vex was on the damn council.

Not of her own volition, of course.

But she wasn't great at living with tons of people she didn't know.

The woman shrugged on her clothing, throwing her bag over her shoulder along with her rifle.

It had taken her a full month to even meet the people from Woodbury.