²⁵, TARGET PRACTICE

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.
chapter twenty-five; Target Practice

"  She already done more for me than you ever did. "

  RICK, MICHONNE, AND Carl had gone out for more weapons

  RICK, MICHONNE, AND Carl had gone out for more weapons. Maggie had insisted she take watch after Vex had been out all night.

  So, Vex spent the morning with her daughter and her brother.

  "I already know all these, Mom."

  "Well, then, show me."

  Zeppelin groaned but continued moving her pencil along the worksheet her mother had made.

  "Does this even really matter?"

  "I felt the same way when I was in school," Dean laughed, "But it does."

  "What about that bow?" Zeppelin mumbled, resting her chin on her hand as she wrote. "Carl's gone for the day. I'm bored."

  Vex sighed, leaning toward her daughter.

  "Finish this page, then we'll figure out a place for practice."

  Zeppelin grinned, writing faster.

  "Can Daryl come?" Zeppelin questioned eagerly.

  Vex looked to Dean, who shrugged a shoulder.

  "Let me see what he says," Vex said, ruffling her daughter's hair, "I'll be back."

  Vex stood, shoving her hands in her pockets as she approached the communal area where a few of the group loitered; specifically, Daryl and Merle.

  "Hey," Beth greeted with a smile, cradling baby Judith, "How's Zep?"

  "Well, she's doing math right now, so if you ask her, she'll tell you she's being tortured," Vex breathed out a laugh, "You eaten yet?"

  "No," Beth said, "I was gonna feed Judith."

  "Here, I got it, you eat," Vex said, "You've been great with her, Bethie, but you need food, too."

  Beth nodded, passing the child to Vex before turning to start a bottle.

  "Bethie, I got it," Vex said softly, "Trust me."

  The blonde smiled, before hurrying off to grab food. 

  Vex shifted the baby into one arm, quickly mixing a bottle of formula.

  "Hey, Dixon!" She called, screwing the cap onto the bottle, "Got a second?"

  "For you, S--"

  "Other Dixon," Vex said, turning to the brothers, "C'mere."

  Daryl nodded, approaching the woman with his brother in tow.