Prologue

I was getting ready for our family dinner tonight when my phone suddenly rang. I picked it up and saw my mother calling me, which I answered right away.

"Hey mom!" I greeted her and I could hear some noise from the other line when she spoke.

"What's taking you so long, darling?" Mom said.

"I'm still getting ready, mom. It's still early! Why are you so excited?" I laughed. She's being impatient today, I see. It's only 5:30 in the afternoon and our dinner is at 7pm!

"I just wanted to see you darling. We haven't seen each other for a month!" My mom exclaimed, I also heard a man laughing. I'm sure it's my dad. She's right though, we haven't seen each other for a month as she and my father went to Switzerland to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary.

"Alright mom, I'll hang up now so I can get there as soon as possible. Love you! Bye!" I didn't let her answer and ended the call. As soon as I put the phone down, I continued getting ready.

After a while, I wore my favorite black sleeveless dress with embroidered flowers as a design and partnered it with my black stilettos'. I grabbed my bag from my table and went out of my room.

I'm living alone in a condominium that my family owns. I went out of my penthouse and walked straight to the elevator. When I got inside, I immediately pressed the button going to the basement where my car is parked.

I reached the basement in no time and walked towards my pearl white Toyota Prius. I went inside and started driving to our house. Before reaching the exit of the basement, my phone lit up signaling that it got a notification. I decided to ignore it and drove in a normal speed. After an hour of driving, I can finally see the gate of our subdivision. This subdivision is owned by my mom's family. The guard greeted me by waving his hand at me and immediately let me through. I drove for another 10 minutes before I reached our house's gate and it automatically opened. I parked my car in the garage and I grabbed my things before heading out of the car.

I was walking in the pathway when our dog, Zyris, greeted me with his tail wagging. I picked him up so I can hug him. I missed him!

"Hi baby, how are you? I'm sorry if I wasn't able to visit you lately." I told our dog as if he can understand me.

I started walking to the door, still carrying him in my arms. The maids saw me and greeted me with a warm smile which I returned respectfully.

"Where are they?" I asked ate Bebe.

"Ay ma'am, nandoon na po sila sa dining. Kayo nalang po ang hinihintay." Tumango ako sa kanya at nagpasalamat. Bago umalis ay iniabot ko sa kanya si Zyris at sinabing pakainin ito kung hindi pa kumakain.

When I reached the dining room, I immediately saw my parents, and my only sister. I went to my family to greet them with hugs and kisses.

"Hey mom, dad! I missed you both! How's Switzerland?" They returned my gesture before answering me.

"It's fine, darling, still beautiful as ever! You and Tyla should've come with us!" Mom said, she's pouting. She really acts like a kid whenever we're around. We're very close to each other.

Dad laughed at my mom's response and said, "Honey, you know our daughters are busy with their own world."

"Dad's right, mom. Besides, it's only a month. We can travel together some other time!" Tyla responded, rolling her eyes. I laughed at them as I took my seat.

"Shall we start?" I asked.

"Oh no, darling, we're still waiting for your girlfriend and her family." Mom answered me with a huge smile in her face.