Chapter 40 - unedited

Alystaire

Yesterday's news brought anxiety to me. I didn't think that he would escape so effortlessly. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt the bed shifted beside me and my wife suddenly engulfed her hand to my waist snuggling her body closer to me. I looked at her then smiled. She's still asleep and her mouth is slightly opened. The only thing that's making me sane right now is this woman. I don't know where I would be if it weren't for her. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep but I unfortunately failed.

I kept my eyes closed just thinking about everything when I felt a warm and soft thing touching my forehead. I opened my eyes and there I saw my wife, smiling widely at me.

"Good morning, my love. Ang aga aga naka kunot ang noo mo." She greeted me with a lovely smile on her face.

I sighed. "Good morning, hon. I was just thinking about something." I smiled back at her then hugged her.

"Are you hungry? I'll cook our breakfast." She asked me hugging me back.

I shook my head in return.

"Alright, later nalang. Are you thinking about the bastard?" She asked me gently.

"Yeah, we're not sure about his next moves so I'm kind of worried." I told her looking at her bluish green eyes. This woman has the best eyes I've ever seen. I hope our kids will get the color of her eyes.

"I have a plan. Will you cooperate with me?" She smiled sheepishly at me.

I creased my forehead then asked her about her plan.

"I'm sure ay ime-message ka nung gagong 'yun. Kaya para malaman natin kung nasaan siya, sakyan mo yung mga sasabihin niya. In that way, mahuhuli natin siya at ang mga kasama niya— kung meron man." I froze at what I heard. Is she insane? What if he asks me to kill her? But of course I won't do that.

I gave it a lot of thought before nodding my head at her. Her plan seemed nice though. All I have to do is wait.

Afternoon came and I was busy reviewing some papers for the University when my wife peeked her head in the door of our room to call me.

"Love, they're here na. Let's go?" I nodded at her and stood up after I put my things away.

We went to the library where our guests are waiting. I greeted all of them the moment I entered the room.

"Good afternoon." I sat down beside my wife in a calmly manner.

"What is this meeting for?" Tito Vitto finally spoke.

"Well, Tito, Aly and I decided to lure Reigan out." My wife explained.

"How, anak? Hindi ba 'yan delikado?" My mother-in-law intervened.

"We hope so, mom. But we don't have a choice. Gusto ko na makulong ang gagong yun as soon as possible." Prim said with conviction.

She started explaining the things we need to do but she didn't forget to ask for our suggestion about her plan. We spent the whole afternoon planning and arguing about the factors and the possible outcome.

"Earth to Thyrese?" I was pulled out of my thoughts when Alexa snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"What now?" I frowned at her.

"Kanina pa kaya kita niyayaya. Let's have some coffee! Kanina pa tayo nag t-trabaho dito, I'm getting bored!" She's whining again. I sighed. Kung gaano kahaba ang pasensya ni Prim, ganoon naman ang ikinaikli nitong kay Alexa.

"Fine. Let's go." I said, I put down my pen on the table and put my laptop on sleep.

I walked straight to my door but I stopped half way because this girl isn't moving and she's just frowning at her phone.