| 7. Welcome to the crib|

"Hand me the salt please" Roman said as he stirred the pot of soup.

It smelled delicious but I still hate eating soup.

Its yucky.

Whenever I'm sick Enzo and Roman always trick me into eating yucky soup.

"Here you go Roro!" I said as I passed the salt.

Enzo has finally came home after spending 2 nights at the hospital. He's currently upstairs sleeping.

Roman dished the soup into a nice blue bowl and placed it onto a tray.

He also added the card I made for Enzo.

"What's that?" I asked as I pointed to the weird drink that he now poured into a glass.

"It's a drink that is filled with some vitamins" Roman said as he helped me off the counter top.

"Come on let's go give this to Lorenzo"

"Finally!" I groaned and grinned.

"It didn't even take that long Nova. You were probably in the kitchen for 5 minutes" Roman chuckled and shook his head.

"That's a lie! I helped you bake that bread!" I said sheepishly and pointed to the bread that were also on the counter top.

"Those are pre-made bread Nova" Roman laughed and carried the tray nodding towards the doorway.

"Let's take this to your dad" He said and I nodded frantically in excitement.

We went upstairs and Rocco opened the door for us since I was too short and Roman's hands was full.

Enzo was still asleep. Asleep with no shirt on should I say. Poor thing.

He isn't a thing Nova!

Whatever you say talking person.

So Enzo was still asleep and surprisingly Julius was also asleep on the sofa next to his bed.

"Enzo" I said softly because I didn't want to startle him awake.

"Mhm?" Enzo hummed still very much asleep.

"Enzo come on wake up" I sighed

"Nova go to sleep" Enzo huffed

"Oh come on! It's literally almost dinner!" I groaned and threw my head back.

"Oh shoot I didn't even realize" Enzo said confusedly before opening his arms motioning for a hug.

"Hi Enzo!" I said as I hugged him tightly.

"Hi baby. I hope you didn't trouble your brothers?" He said as he ruffled my hair.

"No I didnt-" I said when someone rudely interrupted me by clearing their throat.

"Roro! Enzo and I are having a conversation!" I scolded and rolled my eyes.

"Woah sorry about that princess but your dad's food is getting cold" Roman said and I moved out of the way so he could give Enzo his food.

"Thank you. Did you make this?" Enzo thanked Roman and pointed to the letter.

"Yup! And I helped in the making of that soup!" I grinned and nodded my head.

"You only handed me the salt-"
"Shhh Roro!" I shushed him and gave Enzo a sarcastic smile before stomping to Julius and climbing into his lap.

"Hi juli!" I smiled as I saw his eyes opening due to me climbing onto his lap.

"Hi" He grumbled and rested his head onto my shoulder falling asleep AGAIN.

"Ugh" I groaned and let him rest his head on my body when there's a whole bed right here.

Okay I'm feeling quite tired too.

I'm just going to close my eyes.

Yup just closing them.

L O R E N Z O • P O V

I couldn't help but smile at Nova and Julius.

Even though Nova is 4 almost 5 and Julius is 17 turning 18 in late December they still have a great bond.

They both are currently asleep in my room on the couch.

"They're asleep this early?" Rocco said as he walked into my room.

"He's been asleep since late afternoon. Nova fell asleep a few minutes ago" I said with a low chuckle.

"If you look at it Nova looks like you when you were a baby and Julius looks like the teenage you huh?" Rocco grinned as he flopped onto couch that Nova and Julius were asleep on.

"Rocco!" Julius grumbled and hit his stomach.

Surprisingly Nova hadn't woken up. Poor baby probably exhausted.

I don't think she took a nap today.

"Rocco you woke him up!" I scolded at him and he rolled his eyes in return.

"Yeah okay" Rocco rolled his eyes and closed his eyes.

They've probably all mistaken my couch for a bed.

They all have there own beautifully designed rooms but chose to sleep anywhere but it.

"Hey? Mind if I chill here?" Roman said as he opened my door.

"Welcome to the crib" I smiled and nodded for him to come in.

He smirked an hopped right next to me.

"I think your doing a good job at raising these two" He said as he pointed to Nova and Julius.

She was still asleep in his lap even with all Rocco's disturbance.

"I think so too" I nodded and smiled.

"Hey! You didn't eat your soup." Roman grumbled and rolled his eyes.

"It's still warm. Relax your ass" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Calm your tits dude I mean no harm" he grinned and raised his hands in surrender.

I let out a laugh and shake my head at his stupidity.

"You definitely made the right decision by being a father figure to them Lorenzo" Roman said breaking the silence.

I immediately adopted the both of them as soon as that piece of shit we call a father stepped foot in jail.

I was not going to risk my youngest siblings getting taken away from me.

Rocco and Roman were already over the age of 18 so I could still have them with me.

But I feared every second of my life back then.

I feared that my family would be taken away from me and I'm happy that it is not the case.

I feared that our father would get custody over Julius and Nova if he does eventually get out of jail but I'm glad I could have signed papers and became their legal guardian.

"I think so too. They're my everything." I said softly and smiled.

Don't think that I don't love the rest of my siblings because surely I do.

It's just that I don't see these two gremlins as my siblings more like my kids.

You just have a different love for your kids and siblings.

I try as much as I can to give Nova a normal childhood and not involve her in our underground business.

My mom didn't want that for either of us.

Nova doesn't remember our parents at all.

She was just a 5 month old baby at the time when our mother passed.

And she hasn't met our father because I've made sure she doesn't even get the glimpse of him.

I wouldn't want her seeing a murderer.

The same person that murdered our mother.