| 18. Drop Everything |

L O R E N Z O • P O V

I've decided to fly Rafael to America since I wanted him to be nearer otherwise I would have to travel away from my family again.

I've decided that he can rot in the cells of one of my nearby warehouses.

He should probably be here in the morning so I need to get up a tad bit earlier.

Nova is fast asleep in my bed which is now hers.

Thankfully she isn't angry at me anymore so I've got that off my shoulders but she does want me to take her to get donuts this afternoon.

After getting out of the shower I went straight to my bed and easily fell asleep from my exhaustion.

...

"I'll see you in the afternoon okay baby? I love you." I said as I smiled and gave Nova a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you too Enzo!" She smiled and let out a yawn.

She had gotten up so early just so she could say bye to me.

It's been a tradition for her to do so. Ever since she could walk she would be here in the hallway waving at me a goodbye.

I give her a little wave and made my way to my car. I drove to my warehouse that Rafael is being kept at currently.

I'm the only one going to the warehouse since I didn't want any one of them being here and seeing this fucker.

I have to admit that it's a different feeling seeing the murderer of your mother smiling and grinning as if he hadn't taken a aspect of our life away from us.

And that same murderer is your father on top of that.

I've respected my mothers wishes and did everything in my power to try and make sure I did everything she wanted.

She never wanted my father to be kept in a warehouse or any of such. She wanted him to be put behind bars.

He abused her for as long as I have known.

She believed that by placing him behind bars she would get her justice.

I've done what she wanted but I can admit she never got her justice by doing that.

He got a 5 year prison sentence but it was cut a bit shorter due to his good behavior.

Who the fuck gives a murderer such a short prison sentence?

I've seen teenage boys run over pedestrians as a mistake but get charged as criminals because of their mistake.

This system doesn't give justice to people who deserves it.

I get out of my car and walked into the warehouse. I nodded my head at the guards who stood at every door in the building.

"You may leave." I said the the guards that were in the room that Rafael was in.

I wanted to be left alone with him.

"My son!" Rafael grinned and smiled with his teeth being covered by blood.

My eyes widened in rage as the words poured out of his mouth.

"Don't call my your son because you know damn well I never wanted to be regarded as your son!" I shouted and punched his face repeatedly.

I let go of his face and step back taking a deep breath.

"Tell me why you did it." I spat out as I rolled my sleeves up.

"Did what?" He grumbled.

"Why did you kill my mother! Huh tell me?" I shouted and grabbed his collar.

"Because-" he spoke but I punched his face .

"Because what?" I snickered.

"Because she gave birth to a girl!" He shouted in frustration.

"You might have taken away my mother but you left me a beautiful gift." I exclaimed and let him go.

I wasn't going to hurt him anymore.

Rocco can do whatever the fuck he wants with him but I have better things to do.

I got a chair and sat right infront of him but leaving a good space between us.

"I regret it all! I regret killing her!" He exclaimed and tears began rolling down his face

"Those tears aren't going to stop me from killing you." I scoffed and laughed at his expressions.

"I know I know" he muttered and looked at me.

"What?" I snorted and shot him a glare.

He was about to talk when my phone rang.

I got it out of my pocket to see that it's Rocco calling me but I'm sure it's just Nova.

The only reason I know that is because Rocco is fast asleep by this time he only wakes up at like 12 when he doesn't have any plans.

"Hi princess." I said and smiled totally forgetting about the bastard in front of me.

"Lorenzo tell your mini you to please listen to me and put her shoes on." I heard Roman shout in the background as Nova's giggles could be heard.

"Roman leave my daughter alone." I chuckled and I could hear Nova taunting him.

"Beat that sucker!" She exclaimed.
"Bye dad! But I need to go!" She exclaimed and hung up.

I let out a laugh and placed my phone into my pocket before focusing on Rafael over here.

"You have a daughter?" He asked in suprise.

"I do and her names Novalia Liora Rossi if you wanted to know." I smiled sarcastically at him.

He scoffed at my response and I immediately narrowed my eyes.

"Are you scoffing because I'm a father that didn't let my business get in the way of raising my kid or because you absolutely failed to even keep my family stable?" I questioned and raised my brows.

"I was a good father." He snorted at me.

"Lying is a sin you know that right?" I glared at him with a chuckle leaving my lips.

"If you were such a good father why didn't you act like one? It's easy to say things but not do the action." I continued seeing that he didn't reply.

He sat dead still looking at the ground with tears still pouring out of his eyes.

He doesn't get to feel guilty, he doesnt deserve to.

"You put your wealth and business before your family. We had a father but grew up without the presence of you. I've been raising Nova since the day she came into this world and I would drop everything if it meant for her to live a normal life." I said with a smile that stated disbelief.

"I'm sorry! I've fucked up I know that I did." He cried out and shook his head.

"Sorry doesn't fix what you did to our lives! You don't know or want to realize the mistake you made that ruined us." I exclaimed, anger building up.

I didn't want to do something I would regret so I left the warehouse.

I ordered the guards to take him to one of the cells and chain him up good.