| 31. Take it easy |

L O R E N Z O • P O V

I sat on the couch as Nova was sat right next to Rocco who was half asleep.

It might be the medication that makes him drowsy.

"-and then Julius told me I had a big forehead." She finished off her story.

"He told you that you have a big forehead?" Rocco questioned as if Nova didn't just tell him.

"Mhm" Nova hummed and nodded her head.

"As if he doesn't have a cranium himself." Rocco scoffed which made Roman choke on his water.

"Hey! I do not have a big forehead!" Julius exclaimed and rolled his eyes.

"Remove the hair from your forehead and you'll see for yourself." Rocco smirked and leaned back into his pillow.

"That's enough now. Come on Nova let's go." I spoke and walked over to Nova picking her up from Rocco's hospital bed.

I could see Rocco was extremely tired but the fucker kept saying that he wasn't.

"Bye coconut!" Nova grinned and wrapped her hands tightly around my neck.

"Bye princess I love you." Rocco smiled and blew her a kiss.

"I love you too coconut." She giggled.

She greeted the rest of our brothers and was soon complaining about how she wants this new barbie doll.

"It even has purple hair Enzo! I need to have it." Nova grinned as she played with my hair.

Right now we're waking towards my car that is parked outside the hospital parking lot.

"Can we go to the park and get some ice cream?" Nova asked as I looked at her through the rear view mirror.

"That sounds like a plan." I grinned.

...

"Can I have your ice cream?" Nova gave me that smile that said pretty please.

"Ye-" "You can have my one." Nova cut me off and shoved her ice cream into my hand.

"Here you go." I smiled and gave her my ice cream.

By now her mouth was covered in the chocolate ice cream but so was her hands.

I waited for her to finish her ice cream so I could wipe her hands.

"That was so delicious! Thanks dad." Nova exclaimed as we walked over to the park and hugged my legs.

"You're welcome baby." I smiled and picked her up.

We were now inside the park-

"Nope we're going home." I muttered as the playground were filled with those things.

"Dad!" Nova groaned.

"They're just boys." Nova tried to convince but nope.

"They're going to give you diseases so it's better to stay away." I told her.

"No wonder I'm always sick when I'm home." She muttered and rolled her eyes.

"We're your family so it doesn't count." I said and walked out of the playground.

"You're still boys." She shrugged.

"But-" I was cut off by my phone ringing.

I quickly answered the call as it was from Roman.

"Lorenzo!? You need to get back- Rocco he isn't doing well!" Roman shouted through the phone.

"Shit I'll be right there." I muttered as I ended the call.

Nova was still in my arms so I just took the opportunity to run with her in my arms back to the car.

"Enzo? What's wrong?" Nova muttered as I buckled her into her car-seat.

"I'm not sure baby." I gave her a reassuring smile and quickly got into the car.

...

Right now I was running down the hospital hallways like a mad person.

Let's not forget that I'm still carrying Nova.

We quickly make it outside Rocco's I.C.U unit and see both Roman and Julius outside.

Julius eyes were red but so was Roman's.

"What happened?" I quickly questioned as Julius took Nova from me.

"I don't know, his heart monitor was beeping like mad shit. The doctors told us to get out of the room." Julius muttered.

Just as Roman was about to say something, the doors of Rocco's I.C.U opened.

"Mr Rossi" The doctor greeted with a nod and walked over to us.

"I'm sorry-

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

I'm really sorry for not updating like I regularly do but I have been going through some stuff and I wasn't in a state where I would want to write.

But I am in a better head space to write so here you are.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

*Also I have a book filled with poetry about grief, let me know if I should publish it.*