| 28. Badass |

L O R E N Z O • P O V

After being sat on a small uncomfortable chair for approximately 4 and a half hours the doors of the O.T finally opens.

I take a breath of relief before standing up, waiting for the news.

It could either be good or it could either be bad.

But he's strong he'll fight just like he had been fighting all these years with his younger siblings.

"Mr Rossi" Dr Hernandez greeted and took off his surgical mask.

"The Transplant was a success, you're brother is a fighter, he'll pull through this recovery." He smiled as he continued.

"When will we be able to see him?" Julius quickly cut me off from questioning him.

"As soon as I am done speaking you'll be able to see him. He's currently in intensive care unit. There's a few things I need to talk to you about Mr rossi" He spoke and gave us a nod.

"Just give me a few minutes and then we can talk." I told him and picked up Nova who was still asleep.

"That's not a problem Mr Rossi, I'll be in my office." He said and excused himself.

Julius woke up a sleeping Roman as I walked to Rocco's I.C.U along with Nova in my arms.

As soon as we opened the doors to his room, we were met with beeping sounds of all the machinery hooked to him.

The sounds of his heart monitor was the only thing telling me that he was alive because by the looks of it you wouldn't even think so.

On each side of his bed were different types of machines.

He had a breathing tube running through his nose all the way to his mouth and out.

He had a long plaster patch in the middle of his chest, nothing but a blanket covering it.

"I need someone to keep her." I whispered to Roman and Julius who was just looking at everything,too scared to even take one step further into the room.

"I'll keep her." Roman said and motioned for me to place her in his arms.

"Drop her and I'll beat the-" I was cut off my Julius covering my mouth.

"Yeah yeah, if he drops her I'll also beat the living shit out of him." He smirked and bluntly pushed me out of the room.

I rolled my eyes at him and made my way down to the doctors office.

...

"The breathing tube will be removed once he breathes on his own and the recovery would take about to about 1-2 months.

It might seem long but it's really not, in a couple of weeks he'll be back to normal but what we need to focus on is that his heart needs to be accustomed to his daily life."

"I understand, we'll be every step of the way with him. How long will he need to stay here for?" I spoke.

"He would need to stay here for up to 3 weeks sir. We have to monitor him for any possible infections and also need to supply him with immunosuppressants incase his body rejects his heart." He finished off and gave me Rocco's folder.

I greeted a goodbye and walked back to Rocco's room.

Dr Hernandez had told me everything I needed to know about Rocco's recovery like how to clean his incision, when to clean it, what he needs to eat and how long it will take for him to wake up.

Every little thing was mentioned.

"Hi Enzo!" I heard my little girls voice just as I opened the door.