| 14. Bye dad!|

L O R E N Z O • P O V

"Bye dad!" Her voice replayed over and over in my mind.

That would forever be a memory that I'll never forget.

It would forever be ingraved inside my memories.

I can't help but smile at the thought of it.

I knew that I could never be the perfect father figure to Nova but she accepted me to be it with all the faults and mistakes.

Everyday I learn more and more on how to be the best father figure she can rely on.

Well any of my siblings can.

"What's got you smiling Lorenzo?" Rocco smirked and jabbed my arm.

"It's just Nova." I let out a chuckle.

"I didn't expect that at all you know? But I'm glad of what she did, atleast she knows that you're her father and not that dumb piece of shit that's rotting in jail." Rocco said and scoffed at the mention of that dick.

"I'm happy too. She's been my daughter from the day she was born." I breathed out.

N O V A L I A • P O V

"Why can't I just have ice cream for dinner!? Barbie has it all the time!" I groaned at Roman who was being really snoopy right now.

"First of all ice cream isn't a meal and second of all I don't want Enzo ripping my head off." Roman said as he placed grilled chicken and asparagus onto my barbie plate.

I'm not going to admit that this food looks yummy to Roman but I'll surely leave the ice cream for this.

Or would I?

"Okay fine! I'll eat this." I sighed with a tiny smile.

"I knew you would eat it!" Roman exclaimed and laughed.

"Ooo what's for dinner Roman?" Julius grinned as he walked into the kitchen plopping into the seat next to me.

"Just some grilled chicken with asparagus and some salad that's from Walgreens" Roman chuckled.

"Why doesn't she have any salad but I have?" Julius groaned and stuck his fork into his chicken and began eating it.

"That's because she's allergic to tomatoes." Roman smiled sarcastically and sat down , joining us at eating dinner.

"Wait what? I thought Enzo was allergic to tomatoes." He exclaimed in suprise.

"They both have tomato allergy." Roman said as he nodded his head.

"I haven't tried those in a while!" I giggled and ate my asparagus.

"Yeah that's because you can't." Julius said and chuckled.

"That's funny of you to say because the last time I checked I wasn't the one eating salad." I said and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Sometimes I forget your only 4" Julius mumbled and shook his head.

"I'm almost five! And I'll be going to school soon too!" I grinned at the thought of it.

"You're excited for school?" Julius asked with a frown.

"I am!" I smiled.

...

"Nova! Your dad's on the phone!" Roman shouted as I ran out of the pantry and straight to the living room where he and Julius were sat.

"He is!?" I squealed and took the phone.

"Hi dad!" I squealed and sat on the couch with Roman smiling at me.

"Hi mi amor." I heard him say through the phone. I could hear in his tone that he was grinning.

"Can't you come home?" I groaned and kicked the pillow off the couch.

"Your dad's coming home soon okay?" Roman said softly as he stroked my hair.

"I promise I'll be back in a matter of 2 days." He said softly and I nodded my head even though he couldn't see.

"Nova?" Enzo questioned.

"Mhm?" I hummed.

"Close your eyes princess , get some sleep okay? I love you." Enzo said and just like that I closed my eyes falling into a deep sleep just like barbie fell for Ken.

Or should I say Ken fell for Barbie?