| 49. Say something Enzo. |

L O R E N Z O • P O V

"Have you sent them away yet? Tell Sirius I'll miss him." I chuckled.

I was stood in my office at the window watching the tiny snowflakes fall from the sky.

I heard someone enter my office and I was guessing it was Julius so i didn't bother turning around to see who it was.

I only turned to look when I put off the phone.

It wasn't Julius but Nova.

"Eli's sending Reed away?" Nova asked as I could see the tears form.

"Enzo!?" She cried as she tugged my shirt.

I didn't know how to tell her that her best friend wouldn't be present in her life anymore.

Well for her childhood.

"Say something Enzo." She sniffled.

"Yes! Elijah's sending him and his mom away." I exclaimed which came out in a raised voice.

I could see the way Nova's eyes widen at my outbreak which immediately made my hard face soften.

"I'm sorry." I muttered as I crouched down and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry Nova, I won't raise my voice again I promise." I whispered as I kissed her forehead.

"Reeds really gone?" She asked as I could feel my shirt getting drenched in her tears.

"He's with his mom." Was all I said before I picked her up and walked to my room.

It was already midnight and Nova was awake so I decided to make her asleep.

I never wanted her to be devastated about the moving of her best friend but Elijah had to take precautions and make sure his family was safe.

I wasn't sure when we'd see him again but it wouldn't be anytime soon.

...

"Enzo! Enzo! Look it's snowing " I heard Nova exclaim and pat my face repeatedly waiting for me to wake up.

She goes to pat my face again but I immediately wrap my arms around her pulling her to my chest.

"Good Morning mi amor" I smiled as she was still giggling.

"Morning dad now let's go play in the snow." She smiled as I looked over to my window and saw all the snowflakes falling from the sky.

"Let me just hold you a little longer." I smiled and held her before she had enough and forced me to play with her outside in the snow.

...

The snow was so heavily stacked that I ended up jumping out of the window trying to scoop up some snow away from the back door.

After my attempt at clearing the walkway I finally manage to open the door with Nova standing behind it excitedly.

The way her eyes sparkled at the sight of the fresh snow made my heart melt.

I made sure to put on extra warm clothing for her and luckily she agreed on wearing her boots because I know her well enough to know that she would run across this snow barefooted.

I wouldn't want her feet to get frostbite so I had to make a deal with her that I'd get her a barbie wallet if she wears the boots and of course she agreed.

She had a matching glove and beanie set which of course was also barbie themed.

She didn't waste any time before jumping into the snow falling face flat against it.