5

Hifumi didn't know where to put herself. She covered her face in shame for the things she had thought. With difficulty she managed to articulate the words to tell her companion to stop that and go see what else they could help with. She looked back at her to see what she was thinking. Azusa was headfirst into another box.

''Ah! There's Sensei's stuff in here too.''

''Really? What did you find?''

''Sheets, blankets, sportswear and underwear.''

''Let's go now!''

Hifumi grabbed Azusa's hand and pulled her towards the exit accidentally kicking the box they had brought. The papers scattered. The girls went back to pick up what they had thrown away. Among the papers, Azusa found a light blue notebook. There was nothing written on the cover. The armed combat expert opened it, maybe it was written inside who it belonged to; there was nothing. She turned the pages. There were notes from a math class. There was nothing remarkable about it until she got to the last few pages. There were several interesting questions and sentences, however, what was most striking was the word 'White Day' written large. The white-haired girl read the last pages of the notebook very carefully.

The paper dump was picked up, single-handedly, by Peroro's fan. Hifumi noticed when she finished that Azusa had been sitting for a while concentrating on her reading.

''Now, what are you reading?''

''It's a notebook that was in that box.''

''Is it Sensei's?''

''I don't know. I don't know his handwriting.''

''And what does it say?''

''The writer questions his relationship with the person he likes... He wonders what it is to be special for someone...''

''That's easy, isn't it? It's when you care a lot about a person.''

''Hifumi, I care about you a lot...'' Said Azusa looking her friend in the eyes.

The Peroro fan had started to consider going to see the Remedial Knights as she had had a lot of hot flashes in a very short period of time.

''...And Sensei I care a lot too, however...'' Continued Azusa, ''I don't think I can compare you two...''

''You're right," said Hifumi trying to control her breathing, "But exactly the fact that you can say that Sensei and I matter to you in different ways is a clear sign that we are even more special to you.''

''Certainly, you are right and right there on that point where the person who wrote this wonders if he is truly important to that person he likes.''

''What do you mean?''

''For example, many times I've heard Sensei say that he doesn't have a favorite, that he loves us all very much... If we are all special....''

''Ahaha... No one is... I think I understand now...''

There was a short silence. Hifumi pondered what that meant.

''Will there be anyone that Sensei doesn't consider special?''

''I think Beatrice and her colleagues aren't very much to his liking.''

''Ahaha... I mean any of us. Will there be anyone he considers... Mm... irreplaceable?''

''Knowing him, he'd say we all are, but I know what you mean by 'irreplaceable'.''

Azusa's words could not be denied. The president of the Make-Up work club approached Azusa until she invaded her intimate space. She was shoulder to shoulder and her face almost beside hers. Azusa didn't seem to mind. Hifumi had her eyes on the notebook.