19

Back at the police station.

''For the umpteenth time, my cell phone broke, my Shittim Chest was stolen and I don't have any credentials that can affirm my identity, but... Ah! If you call Rin, Momoka or Ayumu, they will be able to confirm my identity.''

''Trusting the word of someone who is a friend of a criminal doesn't seem smart to me. What do you say, Natsu?''

''He thinks we're stupid.'' She said with a mocking laugh.

''You're being unreasonable.'' The vein on Sensei's forehead was highlighted.

At Millennium Science School, Rio was taking a moment to watch the news by her cabinet. Like Trinity, they were debating the veracity of the news. Noa was shocked and Yuuka found it hard to accept that what had been said was true. The news brought back Rio's memory of the night of the dinner with the Gehenna girls. When they talked about Sensei might have some love interest, Haruna was just quiet reading the famous notebook talking about White Day. She didn't seem to know anything about the plans that had been written there. That remote possibility she had discussed with the other chairwomen was becoming more and more plausible. She tried to contact Sensei, but found it impossible. She asked her Kouhai to try, but was equally ineffective.

''He is currently at one of the Valkyrie police stations. I'm sure they have seized his belongings while they have him there," said Noa.

Rio picked up his cell phone and dialed someone else.

Utnapishtim District, Sanctum Tower. 12:10 P.M. The calls kept coming in. Ayumu didn't have enough hands and time to take care of everything. Students and presidents from different clubs were jamming the General Student Council phone line.

''M-momoka, isn't your break over yet?''

The lazy pink hair, the one with horns and a tail, watched Ayumu drowning in work while she, lying on a couch, ate potato chips. Momoka looked at the wall clock.

''Nope. Still half an hour to go.''

''Seriously, b-but you told me that 20 minutes ago.''

''It must be because of too many calls and too much work. You feel like time's passing fast since you're doing so much and how fast you're doing it, but it really hasn't been that long.''

''Really?'' Lamented the innocent blonde.

Momoka nodded with confidence in her words as she popped another potato into her mouth.

The office door opened. Rin walked in and saw her secretary buried in work on the verge of collapse. The vice-president of the council asked what was going on. Momoka explained coolly.

''Then tell me..." The look on Rin's face became threatening, "Why aren't you helping her?''

The pink-haired girl almost choked on one of the potatoes.

''I'm on my break.''

''You're on break? But until now it's noon.''

''I just couldn't sleep well, plus I'm so tired from what I did yesterday.''

''I went to review the report of the special requests and warrants for the fugitives... I doubt that was very heavy and I also doubt that it was well reviewed.''

''Ah, that's Sensei's fault.''

''You went to talk to Kaya about...''

''Sensei's fault too!''

The vice president of the council turned red with anger.

''R-Rin-san, what do I do? T-they keep calling...''

''Forget about it... It's a waste of time. I can understand their morbid concern, however, it is not our concern. It's Sensei's personal life. Although personally, I don't think Sensei would do something like that..." Rin was looking at something far away. To something that had happened some time ago, ''So leave that and go take your lunch, rest.''

''T-Thank you!''

''Well, I'm glad I didn't waste my time with that.'' Momoka stretched her legs and arms. ''I wonder what they're serving at the com...''

''Wheredo you think you're going?'' Rin stopped her by putting a hand on her shoulder,"We're not going to take calls, but while I fix those reports, you'regoing to send an email to each of the clubs explaining how the G.S.C. hasnothing to do with what Sensei does in his private life. You are not leavinguntil you have written and sent, one by one, those emails.''