13

Arona was reading the agenda that Sensei had to fulfill for that day. He was in front of the mirror in his room. He was trying to tie the knot of his tie. He was looking at his hands that, no matter how hard they tried, they were not able to tie the knot. It was something he had done many times, but the reason for his inability that morning was that his mind was distracted. A faint murmur reached his ears. It was Arona's voice asking him if he was paying attention to her. He merely nodded in response. His virtual assistant continued reading while in his head he remembered the early morning of that day.

The educator was sleeping peacefully under the covers of his bed. He was dreaming of riding the Kaiten FX MK.0 when several missiles flew towards the giant robot smashing the machine next to him. Sensei woke up on the floor. Wondering what had happened. He heard some explosions not far away. Through the windows of the tower he could see a place on fire. Sensei ran down to the entrance of the building. ''What's going on?'' He wondered. In the dark night he could see an orange glow in the distance from which a cloud of smoke was rising. He heard hurried footsteps echoing down the street. Before he could see who it was, he was headbutted in the chest. A pair of arms held him tightly. He was in meltdown. He saw on the ground a black military style cap. The hair of whoever was holding it was silver. Each hair seemed to glow in the street lighting. The educator had each of his students etched in his mind. So it didn't take him long to identify who was hugging him.

''H-Haruna...?''

She did not answer.

''Are you okay? Did something happen? What...?''

''I'm fine... You have nothing to worry about...''

''Then...''

''I just wanted to see you.''

Sensei was going to ran his hand through Haruna's hair, but did not do it.

''Did you have something to do with what happened over there?'' Asked Sensei

''Mm... Maybe...''

''It was a restaurant, wasn't it?''

''I-It doesn't matter now...''

It was cold. The wind was inclement with every blow, but they both felt warm in each other's arms. The sirens were heard again.

''They had to interrupt such a perfect moment... They probably already started looking for us... Sensei... I have to go...''

Haruna released him to take his hands and bring them to her cheeks. They were cold. Slowly they warmed to the touch. She looked into his eyes. Without hesitation she told him:

''Sensei, I love you very much.''

He said nothing, however, it was visible that those words had enraptured him. Haruna released him and left without another word.

Sensei had in mind the moment he shared with Haruna in the early morning while reading the newspaper, answering the cell phone, eating, going to the meetings with some club presidents, doing the routine paperwork and classes with different students... There was no one who did not notice Sensei's strange behavior. He looked quite meditative. The head of S.C.H.A.L.E. was walking to his last appointment of the day. Kayoko saw him coming. She was waiting for sensei in a corner. She raised her hand to catch his attention, but he didn't notice her. He would have walked right past her if she hadn't stopped him. As if he had been pulled out of a spell he wondered where he was. He saw Kayoko at his side. Like many of the students he encountered that day, Kayoko asked him if he had any problems. He merely said that he didn't get much sleep. They all knew what he was like with lack of sleep. What he had was something different from usual.

They both set off to buy the things they needed. With a list in hand, Kayoko was telling Sensei what to grab.

''I didn't expect Mitsuki to think of this..." Sensei said taking a package, "although I'm still trying to understand why we need so many bags with mind pills and large gallons of detergent.''

''Mutsuki's mind is a mystery. It's best not to ask and prepare for the worst,'' Kayoko said with a weary expression.

''It must be hard to have her as a companion.''

''It definitely is... But I can't deny that it's fun...''

They continued shopping. Kayoko was walking around talking about some recent disturbing news that had to do with intrusions into some places in Kivoto. Sensei was working at half capacity. What happened in the early morning and the question of what Mutsuki was planning to do with some products had him distracted. However, his experience with some very intense students had sharpened one of his senses. Someone was following him. He looked around hoping to catch sight of the student following him; he didn't see anyone he knew. He let Kayoko know what he felt, but she didn't see a possible suspect either. Although the feeling made him uncomfortable, they would soon leave the supermarket. When they finished shopping, the two of them stuffed everything into bags and boxes. Kayoko asked him for a moment to go to the bathroom. Sensei's stomach growled. He needed to recharge his batteries. He needed something sweet. At the checkout counter he saw something he craved. He bought one to eat right away and something, a little larger, to eat more leisurely later. Kayoko came back. Sensei asked her if she didn't want something from the counter. She refused. Once they were assembled they went by the S.C.H.A.L.E. tower to leave some of Sensei's things and to carry some utensils that they would use in the office, bedroom, dining room and club room of Problem Solver 68.

In the small office, Mutsuki was preparing things. When he saw Sensei, she greeted him with a huge smile and asked him if he had bought everything she had asked for.

''Why twelve times out of ten when I see your smile, it doesn't give me confidence?''

''Youare mean, Sensei" said Mutsuki without losing her smile. Let me have this.Hurry up and get that ready. There is little time left.