41

Sensei could see nothing. He had been walking for a while. The only thing he felt was the cold of the night and the warm hand of the person who was guiding him.

''Please, wait here for a moment.''

She let go of his hand. He heard a little noise. She came back to him and helped him sit up.

''Don't take off your blindfold yet.''

A couple of seconds later he was allowed to see. Haruna was smiling at him. In front of him was a round table with a white blanket, in the middle, there was a candelabra with a single candle whose flame danced in the wind. On either side of the table, there was a large plate with a folded napkin on top. To the left of each plate, there was a fork and to the right a knife and spoon. A pair of glasses, one with water and one empty, were the final touch that adorned the table for dinner. Next to the table there was a gueridon trolley. On top of it, there was an ice bucket with a glass bottle inside. Sensei could not see inside the trolley.

''Don't cheat. You will see what we will eat.'' Haruna told him.

''Did you prepare this?''

''Uh? Mm...'' Haruna blushed. ''Y-yeah...''

The silver-haired girl went to the cart to serve the first dish of the night.

''What's this?'' He asked looking at it from every possible angle.

''It's our starter. A delicacy called Atun Tartar.''

''Tartar? Did Fuuka cook it?''

''N-no... She just helped me out a little...''

She couldn't tell him that she kidnapped the president of the School Lunch Club and tied her up in her kitchen to get guidance from her in the preparation of each dish.

''I'm sorry if it's not as tasty or fresh as it should be for a dinner of this class.... I had to prepare everything yesterday and leave it in the refrigerator so I could spend as much time as I could with you...

Sensei finished the dish in three bites.

''Ifz gruud.'' The adam's apple went down and up. ''You know, I'm not a big fan of fish, but I love tuna fish and this with avocado, it's very tasty.''

''R-really?''

He nodded.

''You're not making fun, right? Aren't you just saying that to make me feel good?''

''Not at all. I'm very, very serious.''

''As a gourmet looking for the best gastronomic experiences I can't... I can't allow the person who... who... who... who...'' She turned red. ''I love...'' She whispered.

''What did you say?''

''I love you like my food... I'd hate you'd hate you'd have a bad experience with dishes that are not so good... On such a special night," she mumbled the last part.

''You can rest assured it tastes great.''

Sensei wondered what Haruna would do in the hypothetical case he told her that what she had cooked was horrible. He was scared just imagining it.

The wind blew making the club advisor shiver from the cold.

''Aren't you cold?''

''Huh? Actually, no... In fact, I feel quite warm...'' She fanned her face with her hand as she took the bottle out of the ice bucket. "Would you like some?

The girl poured some wine into his glass before he answered.

''Did you know that the glass should not be filled? If the wine does not have enough space in the glass, the aroma cannot concentrate. That would prevent you from enjoying its flavor to the fullest.'' She swirled the wine in the glass with a soft smile and then took a sip.

''Cheers,'' said Sensei with the cup of water in his hand.

The Gehenna student looked at him. She said nothing. For an instant, her smile faded. They both toasted.

''To an excellent... evening..." Said the silver-haired girl.

Haruna took another sip from Sensei's wine glass and put it back. Her companion took a long drink from the glass, leaving it half empty.

''You like water...''

''I love it haha...''

Haruna took the cup with water from Sensei and drank some.

''Waterhelps to cleanse the palate. So we can enjoy the next course more. Ready forthe main course?''

Blue Archive - White Day (Volume 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara