44

Even sweating, with disheveled hair, dirty and slightly damaged clothes, Mika did not lose her class. She arranged her hair with indifference to her opponents lying on the floor. ''All you lack the skills to deal with me," she said. Trinity's pink-haired president had entered the academy from the side of institute building number two. There was no one who could oppose her. She ran to the campus near the fountain in the center of the academy. She looked around wondering where she should go, where Sensei was. The sound of boots on the concrete pavement put the pink-haired girl in defense mode.

''Someone made it this far after all?''

Emerging from the shadows, Hina appeared before Mika. Behind her hung her Black MG42 called The End: Destroyer.

''I warn you, all the Gehenna students I encountered tried to report that I crossed Gehenna's boundaries. I helped all of them take a long nap.

''It would do no good to warn Iroha that you crossed our defenses. The schools are dueling over the bridge.

''Has it already started? And yet you don't plan to stop it?''

''Even if I wanted to, Makoto wouldn't listen, but you can stop it.''

''Will you take me to Sensei?''

''No.''

''What? Then how did you?...''

''What you guys want is to confirm if the person who is with Haruna is an impostor, right?''

''Mm... You're... You're right...''

''Then trust me. The person who is there with her is the real Sensei.''

''How do you know he's the real one?''

''I had a chance to talk to Haruna and see him.''

The one called princess by Sensei clenched her Lanchester MK I tightly. Her brow slightly furrowed. Hina watched her with some melancholy.

''Do you know how to identify an imposter?'' Mika suddenly asked.

''Well, no...''

''Do you trust Haruna?''

''I wish I didn't have to...''

''How can you say that the one here is the real one?

The Prefect Team president closed her eyes. She remembered the day they met, their conversations, the way she urged him to take her on a mission, the day they spent together in the S.C.H.A.L.E. tower....

''I just know...'' That was Hina's answer.

''I can't take your word for it.''

''Are you able to identify an impostor?''

''With the information Kanna gave and the research Rio did with her student council members we found a way to identify them.''

''Tell me how to do it and I'll confirm if it's really him.''

The Trinity student didn't like the idea.

''No.''

''Do you think I'm an imposter?''

''They say the eyes are the window to the soul.'' Mika hadn't stopped aiming her rifle at her.

''And what does my soul say?''

''That... You're not...''

''Your motives for coming here go beyond stopping an impostor.''

Mika looked away. Hina sighed.

''I'm sorry I can't let someone with such selfish motives pass.''

''Can you call my motives selfish when there are hundreds of girls playing their asses off on the battlefield for him?''