11

It was midnight. Some girls had gone to the powder room, meanwhile, the rest went outside to wait. Makoto was among the group, but the restaurant manager stopped her and presented her the bill. Her eyes bulged and her jaw almost dropped when she saw the amount she had to pay. Makoto trembled and looked around for help; she was surrounded by the chef, the waitresses and the manager.

''D-d-do ya a-a-acept c-credit cards?...''

''Of course!'' The manager flashed her a smile.

The president of Gehenna took out her wallet and from it, slowly, a red card with the academy symbol in gold. Her hand was shaking. The manager hurried to take the card saying, "Thank you for choosing us for your evening," but something stopped him. Makoto was still holding it.

''Miss, I n-need...''

The manager was trying hard to pull the card out of Makoto's hands, and she was trying hard not to. The restaurant manager asked for the data phone to be passed to him. Since she was unwilling to give the card, they would have her swipe the card through the device. The president was screaming ''No, no, noooo...!'' while the manager, the waitresses and the chef forced her to pay. The dataphone beeped confirming that the payment had been made. Makoto left the restaurant with a tear in her eye. She let out a long sigh.

''Who cares... We'll have to lower the Prefect Team's budget again,'' said Gehenna's head to cheer herself up.

It was quite cold. Almost all the girls were already outside. Only Haruna, Mutsuki and Kayoko were still to come out. They all looked very happy. Each of them had a little white box with food to go, except for Aru and Haruka, they had four in each hand. The three missing ones came out and, shortly after, the restaurant staff. The girls all gathered to ask each other what they would do. Before the school presidents could speak, options such as having a sleepover, taking a tour of the black market, visiting other restaurants, among other options were tossed around.

Aru was very encouraged by the plans. She was going to ask Haruna what she would do. A taciturn air surrounded the silver-haired lady.

''Haruna-senpai, is everything all right?'' Aru asked.

The third year student was absorbed in her thoughts.

''Senpai?''

''Ah? What's wrong?''

''you're a little quiet. Is everything all right?''

''Mm... Yeah... Just a little... Mm...''

Akari approached her saying that she must be sleepy. The presidents of Trinity and Millennium said that they had had a lot of fun, but they had to get back to their duties early. The farewell began. The others shook hands and gave each other a hug as they congratulated Aru once again on her birthday.

''This will cheer you up a bit,'' said Akari to Haruna, "Our kouhai can't see you like this. Much less on her birthday, '' Akari gave her a gadget.

Haruna saw what she was given. She closed her eyes for a moment to gather her thoughts. Her confident smile returned.

''My dear Aru, thank you for such a wonderful evening,'' Haruna said, drawing everyone's attention.

''W-what are you talking about?''

''Yes, what are you talking about? I was the one who paid.''

''I should be the one thanking you for joining us!''

''My dear kouhai. I may be a year older, but you and your team have made yourselves known throughout Kivotos. You should not be so formal with me anymore and talk to me with confidence,'' Aru and Haruna ignored Makoto.

''I don't know if I can do such a thing. ''

Haruna put her hand on one of Aru's shoulders.

''Of course you can,'' Aru's eyes lit up.

The self-proclaimed head of Problem Solver 68 shook her head, patted her cheeks, arranged her hair and with a smile full of confidence told her:

''Y-you're a-all right.''

''That's the attitude.''

They all admired the scene. Seia had a tear of emotion in her eye. Mika was surprised that something like that would move Seia.

''Now, I don't have a gift, but I hope you like this.''

Haruna raised her hand showing the device she was holding. The presidents of Millennium and Trinity both turned pale at the sight of what she was holding.

''I hope you like these fireworks,'' Haruna pressed the detonator.

The restaurant exploded with a loud 'Boom' and a big flash. Everyone was stunned. Especially Makoto.

''Why... Why... Why, why, why?!'' The president of Gehenna demanded, shaking Haruna with tears in her eyes, "Why now and not before I paid!''

Not far away sirens could be heard. The girls jumped in fright. Someone shouted, ''Run!'' They all ran off in different directions. The only one left without knowing where to go was Makoto.

Irohareceived a call from Makoto in the middle of the night asking for help to getback to Gehenna.