31

11:30 a.m. Abydos High School. The sun warmed the abandoned school hallways. Serika hurried through them opening door after door of the unused classrooms. In each of them she checked every corner of the room and under every piece of furniture until she found the one she was looking for.

''There you are!''

She grabbed her legs and pulled her. She dragged her through all the corridors until she reached the Foreclosure Task Force club room.

''T-that's no way to treat your senpai.'' Hoshino said, wrapped in a dusty blanket.

''There was no time. It's an emergency.''

Nonomi unwrapped Hoshino while Ayane told her what happened.

''So Hasumi-chan has asked that we have a meeting to discuss what to do about the lawsuit between Gehenna and all the other schools.''

''There's nothing to discuss. Let's bring Sensei with us.'' Shiroko said, carrying her rifle.

''Don't even dare! To do that would be a declaration of war according to the president of Gehenna!'' Ayane tried to stop her by grabbing her jacket.

The four clubs that made up the Eden Treaty Organization joined in a video call. Although all the members of each club were united during the call, only one or two would show their faces on the screen. Hasumi did so for the Justice Task Force, Hifumi and Hanako for the Make-Up Work club, Hoshino and Ayane for the Forclosure Task Force, and Hina for the Prefect Team.

''All right. I think we all know what's going on.'' Hasumi took the reins of the meeting, "So I won't dwell on it too much. I hope the Prefect Team will help us talk some sense into Makoto or get Sensei out of Gehenna.''

With her arms crossed and eyes closed, Hina said that talking sense into Makoto is like expecting a donkey to help you do your homework.

''Then I assume we can count on you to get Sensei back.''

''Not at all.''

''What are you saying?''

''I'm not going to help you get Sensei out of Gehenna. I'm not going to help you.''

''You don't want to help?!''

''Of course I do. I want everything to be resolved peacefully. I just think there must be another route to simply forcing Sensei to give up his plans.''

I didn't think I'd hear such reasoning from you. For the sake of Kivotos and Sensei, it is best that Sensei leaves Gehenna.

''I don't think so. Sensei is safer here than in any other district.''

''Safe?'' Ayane asked.

''Do you still not know? Sensei was attacked by Millennium students. The president of Millenium must be willing to do anything to get rid of any relationship between those two and the same goes for Nagisa.''

''No!" Hifumi raised her voice, "It's true that President Nagisa has made mistakes, but she wouldn't be able to do something as vile as that. No one who dares to dress up as Peroro-sama to apologize can be a bad person!''

''That's right!'' A cheer of support was heard coming from Nonomi and Azusa.

''I guess I'm not following what she says...''

''Well, ignoring the Peroro thing... I agree with Hifumi. I can understand your point of view, Hina, and that of the students who would prefer Sensei not to formalize a relationship, but to believe that anyone will hurt him just to prevent that from happening, is out of all logic.... Aside from that, you have to know...''

''As long as there are so many students reluctant to what Sensei wants to do, I will prefer to have him in our district.''

''So you are in favor of the relationship between Sensei and Haruna?'' Hoshino said with a half-asleep cat face.

''One thing has nothing to do with the other..." Said Hina lowering her gaze.

''I didn't want to believe it from you, but apparently you are a selfish student like all the others in Gehenna.'' Hasumi said.

''Selfish?''

''Isn't it selfish to allow Sensei to be linked exclusively to one school?!''

''Are you one of those who sees Sensei as a resource or a tool? He has the right to choose what to do with his life outside of work. To me, it seems much more selfish for other people to try to meddle in his life.''

''Having Sensei formalize a relationship takes away from the objectivity of his work, not to mention other implications it would have on Kivotos.''

''Like what? That... That shouldn't be any different from him having a much more... More intimate relationship with any of us... It shouldn't affect anything else.''

''Makoto is called one of those implications. Who can guarantee us that Sensei's preference for her school won't go to his head.

"I can't take away your reason on that point," Hina sighed, "but I am the insurance against it. I'd see to it myself that she's taken down a peg or two.''

''You plan to defend criminals?'' Hoshino pointed out.

''It is true that the Gourmet Research Society club is basically a group of terrorists, however, as long as this delicate situation remains, I will have no choice but to overlook their most recent actions.''

''There'ssomething you need to know," Hanako said. Rarely have the girls of theMake-Up Work club seen her so serious. "This is something that has beenhandled with a pincer despite what has been published in the media?''