23

10 P.M. Valkyrie Police Academy commissary. Fubuki and Kirino were hugging each other trembling before a sensei who was shooting flames out of his eyes and mouth. The door to the interrogation room opened. A blonde girl with wolf ears walked in. The captain of the Public Safety Bureau, the Feral Hound, Kanna was entering.

''What happened here?'' Kanna asked.

''That man who claims to be Sensei hasn't stopped yelling at us,'' said Kirino crying.

''That man?''

The look Kanna gave her kouhai was full of disdain.

''I'm sorry for any inconvenience the cadets may have presented to you...''

Sensei's stomach made a rumbling noise as did the table being hit with his forehead. Sensei hugged his belly. He could no longer sit upright. His stomach ached.

''Less apologies and more food... Please...''

''Why haven't you fed him?'' Kanna gave the two freshmen a fearful look.

''We were just following up on the intrusions Haru and Natsu left us...'' Kirino replied. She passed a sheet of paper to Kanna.

''Haru and Natsu?''

''Yes, the comrades who were in charge of the interrogation before us.''

''Before you? You guys were supposed to have handled the interrogation of him and the girls who were caught with him since this morning.''

Kirino and Kanna looked at Fubuki who was acting crazy looking away while whistling.

''I'll talk to you later. For now, Kirino bring food to the suspect. I don't think he'll last long without a bite.''

A few minutes later the enthusiastic freshman came into the room with a large bowl of instant Ramen. The aroma revived the sensei. He was quick to devour his food and ask for more. While waiting for the next round of ramen, Kanna continued the interrogation.

''I'm sorry I have to ask again, but isn't there anything with you that can confirm your identity?''

''You too, Kanna? I've been saying it since this morning... I don't have any identification with me... You can ask the girls who were with me or Rin.''

''I see... But I can't let you go if that's the case.''

''What?! Why?!''

''In the last couple of days there have been cases of students being attacked by someone posing as an acquaintance or friend. Other than that, someone using the same impersonation method has infiltrated a few places. Most of them are of no great significance, although there are a couple of places of concern. What these attacks and infiltrations have in common is that they have something to do with the sensei of S.C.H.A.L.E. The students who were attacked met with who they thought was their friend or acquaintance to talk something about Sensei and the areas that suffered an infiltration are places that Sensei usually visits. In fact, not long ago, a student from Gehenna Academy disappeared and apparently someone has infiltrated the tower of S.C.H.A.L.E. Taking into account what was previously said and that yesterday there were several testimonies stating strange behavior on the part of the sensei, I cannot afford to release a strong suspect of what has happened lately.''

''Was it too hard to explain that?'' Said Sensei to Fubuki with a frown. He sighed, "I understand your concern, but that attack on Gehenna should be proof that I am innocent. I have been locked up here unable to communicate with anyone.''

''We still don't know if the impersonator is acting alone or with someone's help, and with the General Student Council's suspicions that there is some terrorist trying to destabilize Kivotos, we can't take too many liberties.''

''I understand... And what did they take from the tower?''

''We don't know. Nothing important or valuable was taken.''

Kirino arrived with another bowl of hot ramen. Sensei ate it more calmly thinking about what he could do to clear the doubts of his identity and seeing how Kanna scolded Fubuki for trying to run away from her responsibilities and Kirino for letting herself be fooled by Fubuki. As punishment to both of them, Kanna would cancel for a couple of months the access to the free donuts that are given by the academy to its students, as well as the discount in stores that sell them. Fubuki was devastated by such a severe punishment.

When he finished eating, Sensei yawned and asked what time it was. It was not long before the clock struck 11:00 PM.

''Isn't it too late for you to be here? You should get some rest.''

''You're right, but I still have a couple of things to check before I leave.'' She said, looking at some sheets of paper.

''Then we'll be going...''

''You're not going anywhere. You're not leaving until I'm done.''

''Can I go back to my cell to sleep?''

Kanna looked up from the sheets for a moment. She looked at him for a moment and exhaled.

''Yes, you... What is this, Kirino... You told me that Haru and Natsu took care of processing the students this morning and questioning Sensei, correct?''

''Yes, ma'am.''

''Nenashi Haru and Nenashi Natsu... Here I have it that they had today off...''

Just by seeing Kanna's somber look, Fubuki knew what she was thinking.

''I swear they were already at the police station with their uniforms on when I was told they would be in charge of interrogating and processing the suspects.'' Fubuki was on her knees with her forehead pressed to the floor.

Kanna took out her cell phone and dialed the number on the sheets. A minute had passed and no one answered. It was late at night, she had doubts that they would answer, but her concern about the presence of the two of them on a day they were not supposed to be there was greater.

''Captain Kanna, why are you calling so late at night?''

''I'msorry to call you at this hour, but I need you to answer a question quickly.Were you and Haru at the academy police station this morning?''