33

The sun was descending towards the horizon second by second. The sky showed a firmament mostly devoid of stars and a full moon that was partially hidden by the clouds. As if following the rhythm of the steps of the platoons heading towards Gehenna, the street lamp posts were lit up as the armed girls passed by. The march was headed by the Trinity School with its best-known club at the front, the Justice Task Force. On either side of the armed corps from each of the schools, students from Millennium and the Amas of Rio marched alongside them. Toki walked beside their president and at the end of the crowd Rio's favorite robot, the Avant Garde, could be seen following them. The girls stopped at the beginning of the bridge. On the other side of that bridge, which was the main access connecting Gehenna to the rest of Kivotos, was Makoto's army. The president of the Pandemonium Society was on a Panzer IV tank accompanied on the left side by her right hand Natsume Iroha and on the right by the mascot of the Gehenna student council, Ibuki.

Nagisa and Rio stepped forward and with a megaphone said:

''Makoto, hand over Sensei! Let's avoid an unnecessary fight!''

Iroha passed the megaphone to Makoto.

''In your dreams!''

As expected, Kronos students were present documenting what was happening from the ground and air, taking care not to overstep the limit Makoto had imposed. The eyes of almost all of Kivotos were on that bridge. Both the citizens and schools of Kivotos that had not joined the battle lines, such as Red Winter, Hyakkiyako and Shanhaijing, and those who were there living that moment at the pace of a war, were waiting to know what would happen... And that was the intention of the presidents at the forefront of the possible assault.

It was inevitable that the inhabitants of Kivotos would find out the location of Sensei and Makoto's stance on everything, as Kronos School of Journalism made sure that they would. Despite everything the chairwomen around Kivotos said to Makoto, they knew that taking the discussion of what Sensei would do in his private life to a larger scale, to combat, was ridiculous, in every sense of the word, unjustifiable. The position that students like Seia and Hina took on the dilemma seemed to be the only option until the subject of imposters was broached.

Atfirst, the investigations of Valkyrie Police together with the General StudentCouncil's Defense Office pointed to the fact that there was an organizationconspiring in the shadows trying to destroy Kivotos from its politicalstructure, however, everything changed the night of March 13 when Kanna and herteam came to the conclusion that there could be impostors, doubles of Kivotoscitizens. Nagisa and Rio upon realizing this, decided to take everything to thelast consequences, as the possibility of there being a double of Sensei hadbecome an almost palpable possibility after seeing Makoto's evidence of a fakeGame Development Department. The one who informed the ETO (Eden TreatyOrganization) girls of this possibility was Hanako. Even so, Hina did not change her mind, butrather questioned the girls' intentions. The little information there was aboutthe impersonations and the information she had that a Millennium club hadattacked Sensei, made what the Make-Up Work club member had said sound like adesperate excuse. With no way to negotiate, no clear intention to collaborate,it was decided to resort to force to find out if the person who was in Gehennawas the real S.C.H.A.L.E.' Sensei.