10

Haruna brought the fork to her lips to introduce the portion of meat to her mouth. With each bite, the seasoned juices of the steak filled her palate. Her hand on her cheek and a broad smile reflected the pleasure she felt. She pulled out a handkerchief to wipe her mouth. She took a moment to look at the others. Mutsuki was eating very happily unlike Aru who looked somewhat self-conscious.

''Something wrong, Aru?''

''N-n-no...''

''Don't you like what you're eating?'' The president of the Gourmet Research Society club pulled out her rifle, "Give me a moment. I'll go talk to the chef.''

''N-no need!''

''Really?''

''Don't listen to her! Go and complain to the chef,'' said the woman who was going to pay the bill. ''Tear the place apart!''

''I'm just... I'm so happy...''

''Oh, now that you mention it, since that time, we haven't seen each other again.'' Haruna's gaze lowered for a moment, ''You've grown up quite a bit,'' red as a traffic light, Aru crossed her arms over her chest, ''Not only that. Your hair is quite long and you've gotten quite tall. Not to mention you've made a name for yourself like you wanted,'' Aru looked pleased, "You're not even a shadow of that high school girl from the library club anymore. You've put in a lot of effort,'' Haruna patted the red-haired girl's head affectionately.

''And she tends to screw up a lot too,'' said Mutsuki with a smirk.

''You haven't changed a bit,'' Haruna hugged the white-haired imp.

''Nope.''

''And you don't need to.''

As Haruna hugged and rubbed her cheek against Mutsuki's like someone showing affection to her favorite cat, she noticed a light blue notebook next to Mutsuki's plate. The little sophomore was bright, but not exactly an applied student. The president asked her what it was and if she could see it. Mutsuki passed it to her without complaint while telling her it was from Sensei. She told her how her day at S.C.H.A.L.E. had been.

''So you basically spent the day with Sensei," said Haruna turning the pages of the notebook.

''He needed to be pampered after the big bump on the head he took.''

''We all could have taken turns to do it just like we divided the work to clean up,'' Kayoko complained.

The head of the Gourmet Research Society club had reached the last few pages.

''White day..." They all heard her say without paying much attention.

Haruna just read with her eyes what was written on the notebook, but in response to what she had said, Mutsuki said without much seriousness that apparently Sensei was thinking of confessing his feelings to someone. The sound of the cutlery stopped. Millenium's, Trinity's and Gehenna's top brass pricked up their ears. Izumi, with a hamburger made of sweet bread, fondue and a fish cutlet in her mouth, said:

-Ua tad Mgstszrki sey?

Junko scolded her for talking with her mouth full. Akari busied herself asking what the burger fan had tried to question. 'what had Mutsuki said?' The little white-haired girl looked at everyone a little confused. She quickly reviewed what she had said and their expressions. She ducked her head for a moment. A small, quick smile broke out and blurred on the malevolent student's face. Feigning a little difficulty, she repeated the phrase.

''I don't believe you... You must be lying," Mika said.

''Well... I understand, that it's hard to believe... But... That's what he told me... ''