24

11:30 P.M. Valkyrie Police Academy commissary. The station was on fire. Several students from the academy were struggling to extinguish the flames and prevent them from spreading to other areas while the fire squad arrived. Kronos students were already covering the event. According to the information they had collected, the police station had been burning for 20 minutes. There were no eyewitnesses to the event. Those who arrived at the scene of the disaster stated the same thing: "An explosion woke me up. When I arrived, everything was already on fire.'' A couple of students were rescued from the fire. They were unconscious and in a very delicate state due to the large amount of smoke they had breathed. At that time, it was not known if there were more people trapped inside the burning building and as much as Kazemaki Mai was urged not to report it, she did as she pleased. Alarm bells went off when it was reported on the morning news on March 14th that that was the police station where Sensei was being held.

For two hours the specialized firefighting team were fighting the fire. Once it was brought under control, signs of the fire showed that the building had burst into flames as a premeditated act.

Evenwith the difficult news, the tension between the chairwomen continued. Nagisa,Rio and Mika were one step away from using force to make Makoto desist from herplans. This issue was being kept as discreet as possible to avoid a revolt atall costs, however, none of them knew how stubborn and empty-headed HanumaMakoto, the president of the Pandemonium Society, in other words, the leader ofGehenna Academy, could be.