26

March 14th. 7:30 A.M. Yuuka was fixing her pigtails in front of the mirror. She wasn't known for being the most cheerful or smiling student at Millennium Science School, yet this day was supposed to be a happy one for the treasurer of Seminar club. Even with all her efforts and the support of girls from other clubs, she was unable to find out where Sensei was being held. There was no confirmation in the news and the other sources of information that, after the fire, anything had happened to Sensei, which relieved her, but that day she wanted to have a moment of her time for herself.

As she left her bedroom, she tried to focus her mind. To be rational as she had always been. ''Sensei is fine'', she told herself, ''that's what matters.'' She had to put her emotions aside and leave the issue of sensei to those to whom it belonged. As a member of the Seminar Club, she knew that Millenium and other schools were on the verge of a crisis. She was aware of the meeting Rio had with the presidents of other schools, how she and other presidents tried to dissuade Makoto from stopping her school's student and sensei from doing anything inappropriate. Yuuka stopped in the middle of the hallway. She ducked her head trying to hide her face. The other students walked past her without paying attention to her. She took a deep breath. He continued on her way. Because of what happened with Arius Squad, the non-aggression treaty between Trinity General School and Gehenna Academy was never signed. Although the Eden Treaty Organization was in charge of making sure that those two schools didn't go into armed conflict, nothing prevented other schools from doing so because they had common interests with Trinity as was the case with Millennium.

Yuuka received a call. She answered it immediately. At the entrance to the dorms was her club mate, Noa. She was giving him a friendly smile. Yuuka didn't feel like smiling. She just said 'yes' and 'understood' to what Rio was telling her. That day, Yuuka had to take on the duties of Rio's president, something she was already used to, the hard work was that she would have to prepare the students for a very possible armed battle against Gehenna. The treasurer of the Seminar club looked totally discouraged, in spite of that, Noa did not erase her smile.

''Yuuka-chan,'' the secretary of the Seminar club looked at her companion with tenderness, ''Happy birthday,'' she said giving her a cupcake.

''Happybirthday!'' Shouted the girls of the Game Development Department, part of theVeritas club and the Engineering Department.