48

Junko's Diner's Outlaws were unloading the last of their ammunition in a violent burst of bullets. Azusa concentrated her power. She intended to end it all with her next shot. The light of her halo shone brightly. Her Et Omnia Vanitas released a bolt of lightning that pierced the darkness. Sparks flew as the bullet grazed the cold metal. The enemy came out intact, continued to advance under Junko's hail of bullets. She was fast, moving from side to side without losing sight of her target. The red-haired Gourmet Research Society club member ran out of ammunition. Before she could take a step back, the enemy was upon her. The sprawling knife reflected the moonlight in a flash. Junko was wounded with a couple of slashes that caused her to fall immediately. Her halo lost its glow, it was almost extinguished.

''No!" Azusa cried out with a wail.

The mysterious figure wearing nothing but a cloak over her, a hood covering her face and a spherical device hovering near her stood up. She looked up at Azusa.

''Where is the one you called Sensei?'' Said a robotic voice.

''Where is Father?'' Asked a sweet voice.

''What are you?'' Azusa wondered, seeing the yellow circular halo hovering over the dangerous creature that had defeated Junko.

The enemy lunged at her. Azusa's mind was elsewhere. She did not have time to regain her attacking position or acquire a defensive one. It was less than a couple of meters away from her. The mysterious fighter gave a sudden jump. A couple of shots passed by Azusa's sides. The Trinity student followed her with her eyes. Turning around, she found the president of the Gourmet Research Society club and the president of the Foreclosure Task Force.

''Please go help Junko,'' Haruna said.

''Be careful. Her target is Sensei. Those swords are contaminated with incubus bacteria. One little rose and you're finished,'' That was all Azusa said.

As soon as Azusa moved away, the enemy attacked. In a moment she appeared between Haruna and Hoshino. Both retreated in time. The Eye of Horus unloaded a couple of rounds, but the hooded woman deflected the attack with the sheer force and pressure of the blades in her arms. The lazy pink-haired girl was chosen as the target. The blades passed near her so fast that they were hard to see, they cut her uniform, but did not touch her. That was the advantage of being small and having her uniform fit a little loose. Haruna covered her battle partner's back. However, she could not get her bullets to hit the enemy's small body. It was as if that mysterious creature had a third eye on its back. Still, with its help, Hoshino was able to keep enough distance and counterattack.

The hooded woman was being overwhelmed by the coordination of her two opponents. She was being forced back. Both Hoshino and Haruna had already come to understand that the drone hovering around the enemy was what was complicating everything. However, that small object possessed a very tough shield. Haruna fired several times towards it and despite having a shield, the hooded woman opened her defense in order to protect the device. The halo of the fearsome president of the Gourmet Research Society club glowed a golden color. The device and its owner sensed the danger; there was nothing to be done. In the crosshairs was the small drone. At the tip of the rifle, energy could be seen building up. A shot comparable to a cannon shot came from Haruna's Ideal. Covered in a golden fire, the bullet tore its way through until it impacted to the side of the mysterious girl making her stagger. Hoshino tried to take advantage to finish her off, but only succeeded in getting the barrel of her shotgun sliced off. The little pink-haired girl was stunned and motionless watching the pieces fall to the ground. Haruna ran towards her shooting to help her. From behind the hooded woman appeared someone ready to deliver the coup de grâce. She barely had time to turn around and have her blades deflect the barrel of the gun. Haruna aimed at the enemy's head. With a leap backwards, the hooded woman regained her distance and could see better who she was facing.

''My dear chibisuke, are you all right?''

''I'm fine, I'm fine... But I'm too old to...''

Hoshino pushed Haruna. A bullet passed very close to Haruna's face.

Wakamoaimed at the gourmet.